Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    nicknitro
    New

Page without navigation bar

I want to have a page in my site without the navigation bar. There's some old posts from 3 years ago saying you can't. Is that still the case? If it's still not possible, can I create a separate site under the same domain name that has a different layout i.e. no navigation bar?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Nate
    Super User II

The navigation bar is a global setting in the simplified website builder.  It would be technically possible to purchase an additional plan on a sub-domain (like example.yourdomain.com), and within that plan remove all the links from the navigation bar.  But that would be an added expense and cumbersome to manage.

View solution in original post

Hi @nicknitro,

Welcome to the Community!

You would need to purchase another Website plan, as @Nate suggested, to build your edited website. However, using a subdomain doesn't cost extra, but is created in the DNS of the domain, and in the naming of the website. So if yourdomain.com points to the site with navigation options, example.yourdomain.com would direct to the second website. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

3 REPLIES 3
    Nate
    Super User II

The navigation bar is a global setting in the simplified website builder.  It would be technically possible to purchase an additional plan on a sub-domain (like example.yourdomain.com), and within that plan remove all the links from the navigation bar.  But that would be an added expense and cumbersome to manage.

Thanks @Nate 

How do I do that? Do I need to purchase a new domain too or are subdomains included?

Hi @nicknitro,

Welcome to the Community!

You would need to purchase another Website plan, as @Nate suggested, to build your edited website. However, using a subdomain doesn't cost extra, but is created in the DNS of the domain, and in the naming of the website. So if yourdomain.com points to the site with navigation options, example.yourdomain.com would direct to the second website. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us