Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    ntlwhlr
    New

Square Products Import

Hello - I am working on setting up an online store with GoDaddy.  I use Square for retail so all products are within square.  However, I don't want all the products within square to carry over into the online store.  I would only like select products/categories to carry over to the new online store.  

I didn't want to click on Square Import until I sort of know what it did?  After I click import from Square does it automatically bring all items in or do I have an option to select only the products I want to import?

I couldn't seem to find the answer to that.  

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @ntlwhlr. Thanks for posting. Sorry for the delay in responding. I looked into this and found that you do not have the ability to choose which products are imported from Square. It the import process would pull in all products that you currently have up within that system. I'm guessing this is related to keeping items synchronized between platforms. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @ntlwhlr. Thanks for posting. Sorry for the delay in responding. I looked into this and found that you do not have the ability to choose which products are imported from Square. It the import process would pull in all products that you currently have up within that system. I'm guessing this is related to keeping items synchronized between platforms. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

Thank you for the information and answers my question.  I wish it had the option to select certain categories or items only.  We have a pretty regular turn over and/or abandoned sku numbers for certain categories as designs change often.  This sounds like it might be a larger maintenance issue if it pulls in these categories.  My best option sounds like I will be better to enter the categories and products I want on the site manually vs. syncing then. 

Thank you for your help.

JesseW
    Community Manager

Glad I could help a little @ntlwhlr. Unfortunately I think you're probably right as far as needing to add the product manually for now. I think being able to choose which products you sync is a good idea though, so I will pass the suggestion on to our product team for review and potential inclusion into their development plans. Thanks for your feedback!