cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Moved hosting from Hostgator to GoDaddy, cannot access the wordpress website i built

Hi All,

first time poster and very new to this so please excuse any ignorance i may exhibit! 

My issue is that i cannot find or get access to my website after cancelling/moving hosting.

I bought the domain here at GD, but opted to host at Hostgator. I have since cancelled the hosting package at HG, purchased a hosting package here at GD and changed the DNS nameservers back to default. I thought this would simply swap the wordpress site across to be hosted at GD but as far as i can tell it hasn't.

I did not back up my website prior to cancelling so not sure if it is lost forever. it was still under construction so not the end of the world if it has to be started again.

I really have no idea what i'm doing so any help on how i might resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

May want to check with HostGator to see if they can provide a backup copy of your website; otherwise, you get to start over unless GoDaddy hosting support staff will work with HostGator to transfer your website.  I always keep a current backup of my website on my desktop as well as another on a backup hard drive in addition to the backup in my GoDaddy directory.  Redundancy is your friend.

Also take a look at this post if you have not already done so:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/migrating-your-cpanel-site-from-hostgator-to-godaddy-8971

Not to sidetrack your topic, but why did you leave HostGator?  Dissatisfaction with GoDaddy technical support had me at one point considering moving my website to HostGator.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

May want to check with HostGator to see if they can provide a backup copy of your website; otherwise, you get to start over unless GoDaddy hosting support staff will work with HostGator to transfer your website.  I always keep a current backup of my website on my desktop as well as another on a backup hard drive in addition to the backup in my GoDaddy directory.  Redundancy is your friend.

Also take a look at this post if you have not already done so:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/migrating-your-cpanel-site-from-hostgator-to-godaddy-8971

Not to sidetrack your topic, but why did you leave HostGator?  Dissatisfaction with GoDaddy technical support had me at one point considering moving my website to HostGator.

View solution in original post

this is the 3rd time i have replied, not going to write the whole message again! Thanks for your help Budster! 

Ps. left HG due to really terrible customer service experience! Hope i haven't jumped from the frying pan into the fire!

PS. the article helped me and i have made a back up of another website that is due to be moved soon! 

thanks again.

SB