cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Registering .EU domains -- from Go Daddy Acct with US billing addy (I have an EU addy as well)

I've got a go daddy account with a US based address.  I'm trying to register an .EU domain.

I have an office in an EU country.

(Incidentally, I'm the trademark owner for the domain I'm trying to register (I have the domains for many of the EU countries and I've registered the trademark in many of the EU countries themselves.  I know these days I can register a trademark EU-wide.  I haven't done this).

I'm having difficulty registering the .EU domain -- apparently because my billing address for GoDaddy is a US address.  I don't want to switch it over to the EU address for everything, just the .EU domain.

Is this possible?  I don't see a way to when I'm checking out to just give the EU address when I'm buying the .EU domain.

Am I missing something?  I suppose I can just use another service other than Go Daddy, but I like, for convenience, having all the domains registered in one place.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Registering .EU domains -- from Go Daddy Acct with US billing addy (I have an EU addy as well)

@Solo365 wrote:

I've got a go daddy account with a US based address.  I'm trying to register an .EU domain.

I have an office in an EU country.

(Incidentally, I'm the trademark owner for the domain I'm trying to register (I have the domains for many of the EU countries and I've registered the trademark in many of the EU countries themselves.  I know these days I can register a trademark EU-wide.  I haven't done this).

I'm having difficulty registering the .EU domain -- apparently because my billing address for GoDaddy is a US address.  I don't want to switch it over to the EU address for everything, just the .EU domain.

Is this possible?  I don't see a way to when I'm checking out to just give the EU address when I'm buying the .EU domain.

Am I missing something?  I suppose I can just use another service other than Go Daddy, but I like, for convenience, having all the domains registered in one place.

@Solo365  These are the requirements for registering .eu domains at Godaddy: https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-eu-domains-5827#1

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

Re: Registering .EU domains -- from Go Daddy Acct with US billing addy (I have an EU addy as well)

Verification of my Domain ownership DNS CNAME record I have difficult time verifying my Domain account