cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

When informed of backorder status?

Hi,

I've had a godaddy backorder\monitor active for years/ The expiry status says it expires in 5 hours time - 8.09 tonight. I have heard nothing from godaddy, should I be concerned?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rockstar II

@boardtc wrote:

Hi,

I've had a godaddy backorder\monitor active for years/ The expiry status says it expires in 5 hours time - 8.09 tonight. I have heard nothing from godaddy, should I be concerned?

@boardtc Hi there, most times domain names are automatically renewed when they expire. It's also important to know that once a domain name expires it's not automatically available for public registration. The domain name will go through a period of expiration and typically becomes available after 45 days or so, depending on the extension of the domain. If the domain name is held at Godaddy and expires it will go into a public expired auction before its available for registration.

-----

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rockstar II

@boardtc wrote:

Hi,

@boardtc Hi there, most times domain names are automatically renewed when they expire. It's also important to know that once a domain name expires it's not automatically available for public registration. The domain name will go through a period of expiration and typically becomes available after 45 days or so, depending on the extension of the domain. If the domain name is held at Godaddy and expires it will go into a public expired auction before its available for registration.

-----

View solution in original post

@justingodfrey wrote:

The domain name will go through a period of expiration and typically becomes available after 45 days or so, depending on the extension of the domain. If the domain name is held at Godaddy and expires it will go into a public expired auction before its available for registration.

The domain is registered via RegistryGate GmbH. I have the backorder with GoDaddy but is there any way of knowing when the public auction will be?