Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy hosting wp-admin problem

I'm having a big issue with /wp-admin login page on GoDaddy Hosting Account (Windows).

I can't log in if I visit the following url. I get re-directed to the login page again.

• domain.com/wp-admin

I can log in if I use the following urls.

• domain.com/wp-admin/ (with the forward slash on the end)
  • domain.com/admin
  • domain.com/login

I pointed the domain I want to use to the installation of my wordpress, which is under a sub-directory of the root.

• Disabled permalinks (removed web.config which is I guess .htaccess for windows)
  • Disabled plug-ins
  • Verified Site URL in the database (It doesn't contain an extra forward slash)

When I log into wp-admin I am redirected to.

domain.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fdomain.com%2F sub-directory %2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1

The url is incorrect and the sub-directory should not be there.

Visiting wp-admin/ with the forward slash directs me to the correct url.

domain.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fdomain.com%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@Castillo8745 

1) As someone who manage a few hundred WordPress sites - I can tell you the general feeling in the WordPress community is while it CAN run on Windows - you really SHOULD NOT run WordPress on Windows.

2) If your domain is pointed to the subfolder and that is working, I would suggest going into the database and making sure both the home and site URLs are the same in the wp_options tables

3) Other than that I can't think of anything else off hand - I would tell you that GoDaddy support would not provide additional assistance with this unless you were specifically paying for professional services as this is a config of your content vs an issue with the server itself

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User IV

@Castillo8745 

1) As someone who manage a few hundred WordPress sites - I can tell you the general feeling in the WordPress community is while it CAN run on Windows - you really SHOULD NOT run WordPress on Windows.

2) If your domain is pointed to the subfolder and that is working, I would suggest going into the database and making sure both the home and site URLs are the same in the wp_options tables

3) Other than that I can't think of anything else off hand - I would tell you that GoDaddy support would not provide additional assistance with this unless you were specifically paying for professional services as this is a config of your content vs an issue with the server itself

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post