cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Help Needed with a page

I'm not an IT person but got our website up and running and don't know the technical names for any of it. One of the pages of the website we call "Our Sponsors" I need to place a logo and their website link underneath. I was able to add one but it wont allow me to add another next to it, like two rows of logos. I cannot figure out how to enlarge the area so two of the fit.

And another thing, at the bottom of the page it asks people to subscribe to our news letter, well I need to delete that since we don't have a newsletter.

Could someone please help, my email is jruiz@tjk-cert-sar.org

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rockstar II Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: Help Needed with a page

@TJK-CERT-SAR  For the logo issue you can align logos and text next 2 eahother in one row -- with 2 columns by using tables.

Logo                   Logo

Text                    Text

The above is a table with one row and two "cells"  or columns with each cell holding a logo and text/link beneath.  There's a plugin called TablePress to help you out if you have not yet used table code.

Since you did not include a link for me to see your site, there are two options on the subscribe box.

Bottom of the page newsletter signups are usually in widgets (Appearnce > Widgets).  Look for a Footer widget to contain that code and delete it.

If not there look in the footer.php file (Appearance >Themes > Editor). 

IMPORTANT: Never make any changes in the theme editor as those changes are immediately live and unreversible once you click Save.  Instead, first copy and paste a copy of the file off-site and Save it naming it footerORIG.php.  You now have a copy of the original code.  Then make your changes.  Copy and paste the new file code into the editor, Save and then view your site.

If you don't like the results, you then have the original code to resinstate.  

HTH! 😉

Judith
"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." ~Babe Ruth

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar II Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: Help Needed with a page

@TJK-CERT-SAR  For the logo issue you can align logos and text next 2 eahother in one row -- with 2 columns by using tables.

Logo                   Logo

Text                    Text

The above is a table with one row and two "cells"  or columns with each cell holding a logo and text/link beneath.  There's a plugin called TablePress to help you out if you have not yet used table code.

Since you did not include a link for me to see your site, there are two options on the subscribe box.

Bottom of the page newsletter signups are usually in widgets (Appearnce > Widgets).  Look for a Footer widget to contain that code and delete it.

If not there look in the footer.php file (Appearance >Themes > Editor). 

IMPORTANT: Never make any changes in the theme editor as those changes are immediately live and unreversible once you click Save.  Instead, first copy and paste a copy of the file off-site and Save it naming it footerORIG.php.  You now have a copy of the original code.  Then make your changes.  Copy and paste the new file code into the editor, Save and then view your site.

If you don't like the results, you then have the original code to resinstate.  

HTH! 😉

Judith
"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." ~Babe Ruth

View solution in original post