cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

WP theme from Envato getting 408 Request Timeout error

Hi, I'm trying to install a Wordpress theme that I bought from Envato, but every time I try uploading it, I get this error:

"Request Timeout

Server timeout waiting for the HTTP request from the client."

Can somebody help me out with this?

[ UPDATE ]

For anyone who's running into the same issue: the workaround is to connect your WordPress to ManageWP and upload/activate your theme through there. Might take a minute, but at least it works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Resolver I
Resolver I
Solution

Re: WP theme from Envato getting 408 Request Timeout error

Solution 1:

You can install and activate "File Manager" plugin. Then goto "File Manager" option and it will list all of your wordpress files/folders . Upload your theme to wp-content/themes folder and don't forget to extract theme zip file.

Solution 2 : 

If you have shared or linux hosting. Login to your cpanel and goto your file manager, goto website root folder and upload the theme zip file to wp-content/themes folder.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Helper VI
Helper VI

Hello @zerooo and thank you for sharing!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Resolver I
Resolver I
Solution

Solution 1:

You can install and activate "File Manager" plugin. Then goto "File Manager" option and it will list all of your wordpress files/folders . Upload your theme to wp-content/themes folder and don't forget to extract theme zip file.

Solution 2 : 

If you have shared or linux hosting. Login to your cpanel and goto your file manager, goto website root folder and upload the theme zip file to wp-content/themes folder.

View solution in original post