• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Are there any procedures or methods to migrate my Gen 3 VPS to a Gen 4 solution?

Are there any procedures or methods to migrate my Gen 3 VPS to a Gen 4 solution?  I am not particularly wedded to the older generation, so have no need to pay a premium at renewal.

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Migrate to Gen 4 VPS

Hey there @ozthrox,

That would be something you'd want to call in and discuss with the Hosting department. They should be able to direct you to the right upgrade path.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Re: Migrate to Gen 4 VPS

@ozthrox,

Thanks for posting this question. It's possible to migrate to one of our 4th generation servers. We don’t currently have a direct upgrade path so a new server will need to be setup. Then, any hosted content or custom changes will need to be migrated to it after. The process to migrate data can vary, but if WHM and cPanel are being used, WHM's transfer tool is usually the easiest way to migrate cPanel accounts. If the transfer tool sounds like it will help, but you’re not familiar with it, this article might help:

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/74Docs/Transfer+Tool

If you get stuck or need more help, we do offer a paid migration service. If you're interested in that service, please don't hesitate to contact our support teams for more information.

Aaron | GoDaddy - Managed Services