• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Adding more groups to a Content section

How do I add more groups to a Content section? I need 10 items and the bottom add to the right is grayed out

17 REPLIES 17
    Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Re: Adding more groups to a Content section

Hi @mdhale The Content section allows up to six - but if you need more, you could add another Content section right below and delete the section title for that one.  Then you'd have total of 12.  Hope that helps. Christine

New
    Solution

Tks for replying. Respectfully, I still do not understand why have an “add” button to the right that is grayed out. It’s assumed that the button is for adding more items to the 6/6 section. Can you explain?
    New

That answer does not explain why the add button to the right is grayed out. It appears it was put there to add more items to the section.
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @mdhale . Thanks for the feedback. I agree this is confusing. If you have less than six, the button to Add will be clickable.  If you have the max, it's grayed out. I will discuss with our design team so that we can make this more clear. thanks, Christine

I am running into the same situtation. The section allows for 3 and I need 4. Adding another section below would work, but it puts the picture on the wrong side and creates too much space between the content.

New

This solution is absolutely not intuitive. You have severely limited the content that users can enter. Especially something as simple as a section group where users enter content. It is very common that businesses have different things they would like to highlight. Especially in an "About Me" just because you decide that I should have only 3 sections does not mean that my industry wants only 3. Some industries have specific things that clients would like to see highlighted in an "About Me" and I ASSURE you, developers will need more than 3. 

Product Team
    Product Team

Agree - we have prioritized improvements here but do not have exact timing yet. thanks, Christine

New

The builder is severely crippled if I want to have sections in descending order. e.g. past seasons.

I can't insert a section and have the rest flow down.

I have to build a whole new page which is a MAJOR PITA for 20 years of content!!!!

How do I delete the section title? I have 3 photos w/desc, added a new section with 3 more photos/desc and want to close the gap so that I have 6. Can this be done?

Solution

If you backspace over all of the text in the Title field of the second section, then the space between the sections will be reduced. If you do the same with the text over the group photos, the space will be reduced further.

If you only had three groups in the first section, you should be able to add three more with the "Add" button above the groups. In other words, you would not have to add another section if you only need a total of six groups.

New

Thank you. I will try your tip and let you know.

Margareth Hale
    MD Hale Designs
    margareth.mdhaledesigns@gmail.com

I added a second section below the first since I have 9 items, but the background shows up as gray rather than white like the one above it. Changing the color settings for the section does nothing. If I reverse the order of the sections, then the one that was previously on top now is given a gray background. I need to fix this. How? Thanks.

Solution

Here's a non-intuitive workaround that will defeat the annoying GoDaddy "feature" of alternating white/gray sections when you select white/white sections.

After the first section add an HTML section. Don't add any code. Set the Forced Height value to "0". The color you choose for this section does not make a difference when this value is 0. But, I would choose white for the color. 

The result will appear like two adjacent white sections. 

Hopefully, GoDaddy will not "fix" this workaround.

Brilliant, worked a charm. Thanks so much!

Resist the temptation to add a Title to the HTML section. Once you do that, even if you backspace over the text in the Title field the HTLM section will no longer be a zero height, even if the height is set to "0". In order to "reset" the section to a zero height you will have to remove it and add it in again.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @reverselogic  thanks for helping the community.  We are working on an improvement to how you add groups (without needing to add section), and we also plan to address the banding issue (alt colors).  Will keep you posted. Neither of these should "break" your workaround; hopefully they will prevent the need for it. Thanks, Christine

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We just released a new feature - now you can add up to 12 groups in content layout. Please feel free to give a try and let us know your feedback!

Best,

Yun