cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Skilled II

Erratic drop down menu behavior on Home page with Safari browser

I am experiencing unusual menu behavior when viewing my Web Builder website home page at https:/jackpad.us. Site has been up and running for 2+ months, but, I just noticed the issue today. I usually use Chrome.

Here's what I have observed.

1) Menu behaves properly with Chrome or Firefox. Issue is only with Safari.

2) Erratic menu behavior only occurs on home page. The same menus work properly on any other page.

3) Issue is only with main menu selections with drop down menu choices.

4) Reducing width of browser window forces "triple bar" menu which works as expected.

5) Safari on an iPad works as expected.

6) When home page is first opened all menu selections appear on screen. Choosing a drop down menu displays the choices for a split second then the choices disappear. Mousing over the drop down area displays the choices which can be selected. Once any drop down menu choice is attempted, all menu choices to the right disappear unless you mouse over the area.

Mac OS version 10.15.3

Safari version 13.0.5

Website + Marketing User since 2-Dec-2019
    Reverse Logic Limited
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Erratic drop down menu behavior on Home page with Safari browser

@reverselogic 

Good News / Bad News

I was able to reproduce it and even figure out where the "trigger" is, however I don't have a solution for you.

If you scroll down the page enough to make the "coupon bar" disappear and the menu "fix" then it is working fine

I was playing with inspect element and If I deleted the home "image" / banner that also seemed to solve the issue - I'm not sure if you can adjust that section and have it be fixed but that seems to be the root cause of it.

Hope this helps point you in a direction to fully resolve it

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@reverselogic 

Good News / Bad News

I was able to reproduce it and even figure out where the "trigger" is, however I don't have a solution for you.

If you scroll down the page enough to make the "coupon bar" disappear and the menu "fix" then it is working fine

I was playing with inspect element and If I deleted the home "image" / banner that also seemed to solve the issue - I'm not sure if you can adjust that section and have it be fixed but that seems to be the root cause of it.

Hope this helps point you in a direction to fully resolve it

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Skilled II

Thank you for identifying the problem area. I tried removing the promotional banner and using some other options, but, nothing seems to fix the problem other than scrolling down slightly before using the navigation bar menu. I suspect that some recent changes to the "Slate" theme caused the problem. Changing to another theme might work, but, I decided not to experiment changing the theme for fear of breaking something else. Although I am satisfied with the overall look of my Web Builder site there are several compromises I had to make with the Ecwid store. So I just started the process of migrating to WordPress where I can leverage the WordPress Ecwid store plugin and hopefully resolve other annoying issues with Web Builder

Website + Marketing User since 2-Dec-2019
    Reverse Logic Limited
    Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III

@reverselogic 

Sounds like a great plan - Websites + Marketing is great for many - but as it is click and build / very structured - If you need more integration than WordPress is the right way to go