• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I change a page link?

I updated one of my existing website pages to have entirely different content and I'd like the page link to reflect that. For example, the previous/existing page link is arletapta.org/join and I'd like it to be arletapta.org/theater-club (or a similar variation). Any advice how to change that?

8 REPLIES 8
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: How do I change a page link?

Hey @arletapta 

What platform are you using for your website? In order to give you the best info, that's something we'd have to know.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@MrVapor  I believe it's v7 GoDaddy Website Builder. Thanks

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Hey @arletapta 

Here's a link to all the help articles on the Website Builder 7 product and how to use it for future reference.

Here is the particular article I believe you need in order to change your page links.

Hope that helps!

Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Hi @arletapta,

Thanks for the clarification. You can change the name of your pages anytime by using the instructions below. This will also take you to an area with many help guides to assist in designing your website with the Website Builder. 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-a-page-name-on-my-website-24075?

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support
    Super User III
    Super User III

@TLH 

That link is for GoCentral. @arletapta is using Website Builder 7.

Thank you for your reply!

Solution

Thank you! I had followed those instructions before, but the trick seemed to be just deleting the custom file name and leaving it blank. It wouldn't take the one I entered. But it's fixed now and I'm happy! Thanks!

Super User III
    Super User III

@arletapta You're more than welcome! Let us know if you need further assistance! Have a great day!