• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

How to add an HTML file to Webuilder root folder

I'm trying to have my webuilder site verified by Norton safe web. I was given two options: Add a meta tag to my home page. I went into site settings in my webuilder and added the code in the header. My site didn't verify. Second option: Add an html file to my root folder. I went into my DNS file in my domain. I added the record to my text file, but my site still didn't verify. I was given a link to verify. When I click on it, I get a page stating, "FILE NOT FOUND." Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: How to add an HTML file to Webuilder root folder

Hi @Chi

Thanks for joining GoDaddy Community and posting your question!

Unfortunately, it's not possible for you to add files to the root directory of your website if you use Website Builder. In researching this, it seems that you'd need to add your meta tag to the <Head> of your website. If you add it to your home page, it will be in the <Body> section. To do that, you can use the Site-wide Code section of your Site Settings. Take a look here for more information.

Does anyone else in the community have experience with this? Your comments are welcome here!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Hello Jesse,

I had tried the meta tags previously. Both methods had not worked, but Norton was able to green light my site after I posted the meta tags as regular text. It took a few days compared to automatically with the previous methods, but it still worked. 

New

Hi Jesse,

Are you saying that you just pasted the meta tag onto a page, so that it was visible to everyone? 

Thanks, Diane