• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to make landing page different from home page

I'd like to have a landing page with a logo that when clicked on takes the visitor to my home page where I've listed all my content. The idea is to have a splashy landing page and then be able to get into the site itself. I'm not sure how to do this in the godaddy webbuilder. Is it possible?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User II

A splash page is not available in the platform.  It is simplified for what works best with most simple websites.  In most circumstances splash pages are unfavorable with visitors because they usually just want to get to the content as quick as possible.

View solution in original post

Yes, artists, entertainers, and various forms of entertainment (movies, comedy club, etc) are about the only places a splash page may be done tastefully.  Unfortunately the platform is streamlined for more generalized needs to make it quicker and easier for beginners and those who do not have the time.

I'd suggest checking out the themes which have a fullscreen cover image to see if any would fit your style.  With that you can get the initial wow factor when the page loads then users can just scroll down to get to the content.

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II

A splash page is not available in the platform.  It is simplified for what works best with most simple websites.  In most circumstances splash pages are unfavorable with visitors because they usually just want to get to the content as quick as possible.

@Nate Yeah, I get that. But as an artist, a splash page option would be preferable.

Yes, artists, entertainers, and various forms of entertainment (movies, comedy club, etc) are about the only places a splash page may be done tastefully.  Unfortunately the platform is streamlined for more generalized needs to make it quicker and easier for beginners and those who do not have the time.

I'd suggest checking out the themes which have a fullscreen cover image to see if any would fit your style.  With that you can get the initial wow factor when the page loads then users can just scroll down to get to the content.