• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

New to GoDaddy - Website builder looks nothing like video -

Recently signed-up with GoDaddy. Wondering how wise that was but at least I secured the domain name I wanted.

Question - am I the only one with a Website Builder that looks and functions nothing like the video?

I am not too happy with the tool so far. Fixed character length fields is ridiculous but with Hyperlinks I can work around that.

But now I find out the Link feature doesn't work. I can select the text to link and a pop-up comes up to cancel the link but the checkmark is inactive. There is no popup box to enter any link information.

And again - my screen looks nothing like the video? Did I get short changed on the website builder tool?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

9 REPLIES 9
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: New to GoDaddy - Website builder looks nothing like video -

Hi,

here is a youtube link to building websites with godaddy website builder:

www.youtube.com/website builder

I don't personally use website builder but I guess as with most things, that although made to make your life a little easier, there is still a learning curve. I do hope you get your site sorted. It can indeed be frustrating at first, as with most new things. We have all been there. 

take care.

Thank you but that video looks nothing at all like the GoDaddy website builder I am using. None of the navigation is the same and the wonderful text edit box with all of those handy features including text link are available. I have a call into tech support.

Well turns out I have the latest, greatest, Vnext Web builder tool and it is not quite ready. It does not support Linking of any kind.

So we 'down graded' my account to the V7 with full functionality.

How did you downgrade??  I want to use the version in the videos as well.  This new one has very few options and doesn't seem user friendly to me.  I couldn't even figure out how to move a text box, if it even has the option.

Thank you!

Helper I

I'm having no problem adding hyperlinks using the hyperlink tool in the vNext text editor.  Also they removed the max character lengths from the editor for content areas.  If you want v7 start a chat and ask the rep to add it to your cart.  But understand that if you want auto-mobile optimization of your site using v7 you need to pay for the business level.  With vNext you can just use the $1/month minimum version which is Reactive, so it auto-optimizes your site for mobile.  This means you can't jack in whatever html you want, but also means google will rank it higher.

nhester
    Former Employee
    Solution

To add a link in GoDaddy's GoCentral/New Website Builder, you have three choices:
    • Link text: Style text (Step 5)
    • Link a photo: Link photo to a webpage

• Or link to YouTube: Add link to video

Yes, you can link everything EXCEPT text to a hyperlink. None of your choices that you listed and are given with the web builder cover linking texts to a created page within the program. Frustrating to say the least. Hope someone will see all these posts and bring the needed adjustment we are asking for. Thanks -

No , you're not the only one.. This is frustrating..I can't even add a page. My links just plop text boxes in the middle of my opening page. I'm not new to making wysiwyg web sites but this is not at all intuitive. I did look at youtube for tutorial but it, as you say looks nothing like what Im looking at. 

Helper I

I spoke to godaddy personnel at length after trying the new tool.

They informed me over the phone that if a customer wishes to use that version it could be be offered.