• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

WSB - tab Titles aren't changing

I built most of my website with WSB but shortly before publishing I decided to change the tab display information (<TITLE></TITLE> if you're hand-coding it).

This seems to have only worked on the Home page and not on any of the other pages, which still show the old text. I'm struggling to see where I can change this.

Any clues?

2 REPLIES 2
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: WSB - tab Titles aren't changing

Hi @timlo. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! This can get a little tricky as the process is slightly different for the home page than it is for other pages. 

Home page

By default, the tab title from this comes from the Site Settings > Site Profile > Site Name field. You can change this for just the home page by using Site Settings > Search Engine Optimization and changing the Headline field after choosing the Home page from the drop-down menu. (SEO settings are only available on Business tier and above plans.) However, this will only affect the home page. On other pages of the site, it will show up after the pipe character as whatever you have in the Site Name field (see below). 

Other pages

By default, the tab title for these pages will be whatever Page Title you gave the page when you created it. You can update the title for a given page by clicking the 3-dot menu next to the page name and going to Page Settings. Alternatively, if you have access to the SEO settings (mentioned above) you can also change the page title (Headline) there.  The tab title will always have the format of "Page Title OR Headline | Site Name" (see above). That can't be updated. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Re: WSB - tab Titles aren't changing

Thanks @JesseW, I've gone gone through and recreated the pages.