• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

What happens when WebSite Builder expires?

Hi,

I  understand the files and data created by Website Builder goes *somewhere* and I won't be able to get a copy of it.

However, once I am done with creating the website, I would only need to maintain / update it maybe once a year or so. Since I need Website Builder for only the instances when I actually work on the website, what would happen when my Website Builder expires?

i) would my website automatically go down?
    ii) would I be able to re-purchase Website Builder after it had lapsed, connect it back to my website and then modify/ update my site?

It doesn't make sense to me to subscribe to Website Builder for 52wks when I only need to use it for a week.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wfloh

If you let the Website Builder plan expire, all of your data and content will be loss. Even if you only edit the site once a year, the account has to be renewed to stay active. If it has expired, you have 30 days from that date to purchase a new Website Builder plan and pay for a restore.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @wfloh

If you let the Website Builder plan expire, all of your data and content will be loss. Even if you only edit the site once a year, the account has to be renewed to stay active. If it has expired, you have 30 days from that date to purchase a new Website Builder plan and pay for a restore.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

How can i pay for a restore ?

How to do this? Where to find the backed up website within 30 days?

Is there no other way to get your website back if the 30 days has expired?

Is there a way to buy just my website that I spent money developing at a price I was led to believe would be "renewed" at?

Not happy with GoDaddy's shrewd way of dragging me into a contract that wasn't made clear as to its ACTUAL COST from the beginning.

I am in exactly the same position, website builder expires therefore whole website is down and returning a 404 error. GoDaddy markets it as a website builder when it is really a website actvation scam, without maintaining an active website builder account there is no website, even if you only need to update the website occasionally. Not happy at all with GoDaddy's underhand ways of extorting more and more money from people who wish to have a web presence.

Helper V

I am not an expert, but I assume that website builder is used every time the website is viewed. I assume it does not just generate static HTML, it stores data in a database and then the data is used to generate the pages dynamically. That is how other CMS systems work.

Website Builder isn't just for building - it's also your hosting account. It only costs a little more than hosting, but makes it so you don't have to have external programs for building. Just think of it as hosting, with some added handy features. 

New

I am facing the same situation. I think i need to let the website builder expires as long as my domain name will be active. The initial price for website builder was cheap, but the renewal price is expensive for non business owners.

New

www.worldwidejob.org is not work,i am renew the my web site ?

New

Hi there

I have made my website using the website builder tool, and I forgot to renew the service and now the website is down. My question is, if I order the service again, will I have to make a new website or can I still use the old website I made using the tool. Do I have to pay to restore my old website created in the website builder?

@VidMar

The ability to restore is a time-sensitive situation.  Get on the phone with GoDaddy Support ASAP to see if a restore is possible!

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Broken crayons still color." Anon

Thanks for the fast response.