• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Why Does My Website Add More To The URL?

Every time I click on my website www.starvingartistchronicles.com, "?v=7516fd43adaa" keeps getting added to the url. Why is this? Can someone help me? It happens to every page on the site and I'm not sure where it came from.

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted
    Advocate VII Advocate VII
    Advocate VII

Re: Why Does My Website Add More To The URL?

Hi @StarvingArtist,

This is the geo-tracking option that is turned on in your WooCommerce installation or a plugin that WooCommerce is using. 

Hope this helps!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Highlighted
    New

I am having the same problem but .html gets added to every page created in my website.  Why is this happening?  I just want the page name to be the landing page URL. 

Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages. Seeing .html at the end of your sites URL means that is the language that was used to write the site and thus it is the file extension for the site. To hide the extension of the page that you are on you need to have control of the server. Your Web Developer can discuss options with you on how to hide that if you need to. The ability/process to hide that extension will vary from situation to situation.

Heather L- GoDaddy | Advanced Technical Support | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support