• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

contact form receiving BOT spam

can anyone help me add a CAPTURE check to my contact us form so I can stop all the spam being emailed to me by Bots etc. ?

thank you

6 REPLIES 6
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: contact form receiving BOT spam

@Vass wrote:

can anyone help me add a CAPTURE check to my contact us form so I can stop all the spam being emailed to me by Bots etc. ?

thank you

@Vass The instructions are here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/adding-captcha-to-a-form-5216

---

Anonymous
    Not applicable

also look at writing a robots.txt file!

New

Thank you so much :-)

Hello,  I'm having the same problem with heavy SPAM.  Please bare with me as I'm a newb =(

I have a contact page with contact form 7.  When I go to modify my contact page in /wp-admin , I have "EDITOR" or "UX BUILDER" in both places I cannot find where to add captcha?

Please help!

Thanks!

C

New

The Captcha only works in version 6 which is of course no longer in existence... The great new version 7 has no captcha option... So, like everyone else with a webform, we are screwed. We get over 20 spam emails a day from our webform. Separating the real email from fakes is time consuming and stupid. At some point I'll simply leave godaddy, which is too bad, been over 10 years, but this is becoming a deal breaker.

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

It's not clear which website builder version everyone on this thread is on, but I have good news for those who use GoCentral (our newest builder).

Google Recaptcha protection is now automatically included in GoCentral contact forms. To get the update, simply re-publish your site.

We opted to use "ReCaptcha invisible,” which means your site visitors won’t need to take any action to prove they’re humans — an algorithm does the work behind the scenes. You can read more about this technology here: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible.

The only viewable difference on your website will be a small line of text below the “submit” button on your contact form. This text links to the Recaptcha TOS/Privacy pages.