This article was originally published on Jan. 25, 2017. It was updated on Dec. 18, 2018.
Even the best ideas fall flat if they fail to gain traction online. As the champion of a great idea — whether it’s a business, a hobby, or a social movement — you’re the one who needs to get it online and get it the attention it deserves. But depending on your background, the prospect of building and marketing a website might be downright terrifying.
For people with little to no website-building or marketing experience, launching and promoting a great idea online got a lot easier when we launched GoCentral website builder in January 2017. Since then, we’ve continued to improve this easy buy elegant DIY website builder to make it work for you and your unique venture 24 hours a day, no matter where you are.
With GoDaddy GoCentral, anyone can create a professional website in no time flat. In fact, thousands of our users have published their sites in less than an hour. And not only does GoCentral help you build a website that looks fantastic, but it also helps you engage with new people via Google, Facebook and other social networks.
GoCentral is for small business owners, dreamers and schemers who want to connect online with people who will benefit from their products, services and ideas.
If your new website is published in an empty digital forest, will anyone, er, notice its arrival? Probably not.
You need to be intentional about bringing traffic to your new website. If “search engine optimization” sounds like a foreign language, you’ll want to introduce your idea to the internet with an all-inclusive website builder that goes beyond attractive templates.
Other website-building tools can help you create a nice-looking site, but GoDaddy is kicking things up a notch.
So as your business or idea grows, GoCentral grows with you. Start with a simple site now and add new capabilities — like email marketing or an online store — when you’re ready.
As a GoCentral user, you’ll always have the tools you need to thrive online and IRL (that’s apparently how the kids write “in real life” these days).
GoCentral resources to get you started
It can be hard to keep up with all the exciting updates to GoCentral. Check out these articles to learn more:
- GoDaddy GoCentral Online Store + Square
- GoDaddy GoCentral Online Store text message notification
- GoCentral Google My Business Listing feature
- GoDaddy GoCentral Online Appointment Scheduling
- GoDaddy GoCentral blog feature
- GoDaddy GoCentral email marketing tool
- How to create a contact form in GoDaddy GoCentral
- November 2018: What’s new in GoCentral: New theme, blog social sharing, Google My Business improvements, promotional banner updates, Facebook Pixel ID
- October 2018: What’s new in GoCentral: Blog subscription, Facebook review reply, new menu layout, new theme, image linking, Online Appointment updates, Facebook sharing of individual products, special instructions at checkout
- September 2018: What’s new in GoCentral: New themes, new fonts, members-only pages, Pinterest meta tag
- August 2018: What’s new in GoCentral: Online Appointments updates, Online Store updates
- July 2018: What’s new in GoCentral: Zillow reviews, staff notifications for Online Appointments, Square inventory sync in Online Store
- June 2018: What’s new in GoCentral: Text alignment, anchor tags, updates to blog, Online Appointments
- May 2018: What’s new in GoCentral: Blog categories, coupon subscribe form
- March 2018: What’s new in GoCentral: Facebook Page insights, online appointments improvements, in-person pickup for eCommerce
- February 2018: What’s new in GoCentral: Blog tool, sub-navigation, Facebook Pixel, promotional banner
- December 2017: What’s new in GoCentral: Google My Business, website backup and restore, Square payments
- November 2017: What’s new in GoCentral: ChowNow, online appointments, HTML customization, featured categories
- October 2017: What’s new in GoCentral: Google Translate, analytics, ratings and reviews
- September 2017: What’s new in GoCentral: OpenTable, logos and badges, better store management
- August 2017: What’s new in GoCentral: Facebook Connect, favicons, SoundCloud audio widget, time zone setting, Tap-to-call international phone numbers, new layouts
Read on to learn how to use GoCentral.
Build a professional website in less than an hour — no technical skills required
At GoDaddy, our vision is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures. So whether you run a small business or have an exciting new idea to share with the world, we get you. You’re big on energy but short on time. GoCentral is specifically designed for people just like you.
Designs tailored to your idea or industry
Tell us the name of your site and the nature of your idea or business, and we’ll suggest relevant site features, content and images. Then make it your own by customizing the site features and adding your own photos and content.
Thousands of professional images
With a free library of professional photography, your website will always reflect your expertise and passion. Have your own photos? You can upload those, too — even from your phone.
With the GoCentral Website Builder editor, you can change the layout of your site with a single swipe, allowing you to experiment with a variety of intuitive website designs.
We call it swipe-to-style; you might call it magic.
And if you prefer to drag and drop individual sections to customize your design, you have the creative license to do so.
Customize each of your website’s pages by mixing and matching content sections to suit your needs. Your design is guaranteed to look good no matter which sections you choose. And as your needs change, you can always add new features. When you’re ready to add an email signup form, a calendar of events, or a video, it’s easy to update your GoCentral site.
Create a professional website — no design skills required. Our design professionals have selected styles, colors and fonts that coordinate beautifully, so you’ll look good no matter which you choose.
Release your new website into the world with a memorable web address that reflects your brand or personality (e.g., mycoolsite.com). Not ready? Publish with your own subdomain on godaddysites.com (e.g., mycoolsite.godaddysites.com) now and add a custom domain later.
Find your perfect domain now!
Publish website updates to Google, Facebook, email & more
“Marketing” may not be your middle name, but if you’re going to invest in a website, you need to put some marketing power behind it. With GoCentral, you get baked-in marketing features that help you show up in search results, connect with people on social media and drive repeat traffic. When you make changes your website, GoCentral saves you time by automatically updating your online marketing presence for you.
Help more people find you when they search online. GoCentral automatically optimizes your website for search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing.
Your site’s search engine rankings can have a huge effect on your business.
With more than 1.49 billion daily active Facebook users worldwide, having a well-maintained business Facebook page is critical to building your online presence. GoCentral makes it easy to update an existing Facebook page or create a new one with the information and photos on your website.
Local listings (U.S. only)
Drive more foot traffic by ensuring that your business information is accurate in local listings. List your business name, address and phone number, and hours on more than a dozen local online directories such as Yelp, Bing Local, Foursquare, Citysearch and Yellow Pages.
Start building an email list by adding a Subscribe Now section to your website. Then use our built-in email marketing tool to send email campaigns that drive repeat traffic and help you build a following.
You can manage multiple email lists, track campaign results, and more.
Keep your website up to date from the bus, the coffee shop, or your sofa. With our mobile editor, you can update your website anytime, anywhere. Customize your site design, upload new photos, and change content from your phone or tablet — no app required.
Sell online with a mobile shopping cart and fast checkout
Whether you’re ready to start selling online now or think you might want to later, it’s easy to build a mobile-friendly online store using GoCentral. Your online store will offer a seamless shopping and checkout experience — even on a mobile phone — making it super simple for potential customers to say “yes” to whatever you’re trying to sell.
Built to grow
With GoCentral Online Store, you get everything you need to sell online. List up to 5,000 products, including up to 10 images per product. You can also sync your inventory with Square’s point-of-sale inventory management system.
Buying made easy
Accept your customers’ preferred payment methods, including all major credit cards, PayPal and Apple Pay, with both Square and Stripe for back-end payment processing
Shipping your way
Use our default shipping methods or customize your settings. You can offer everything from free shipping to real-time, carrier-calculated shipping costs.
Designed to maximize sales
All too often, online shopping carts get abandoned. Use automated reminder emails to encourage customers to complete their purchases when they’ve left items in their cart.
Automatically look great on phones and tablets
If your site is mobile-friendly, customers are 67-percent more likely to buy.
Before publishing your site, use our side-by-side previews to see exactly what your customers will see on their mobile devices or laptops.
Get help 24/7 via phone, chat, or email
Our award-winning customer support representatives are always ready to help you bring your idea online. If inspiration strikes at 2 a.m., we’re here. Call or connect with us online anytime.
Who’s using GoCentral?
We’ve seen GoCentral sites built for small businesses and personal passion projects alike. Professional websites for wine brokers, fitness studios, trucking companies, real estate agents and HVAC companies. Fun and engaging sites for community choirs, clubs and ‘80s cover bands.
GoDaddy GoCentral is designed for small business owners and anyone who has a great idea to share with the world.
Whether you bake cakes, mow lawns, or sell scarves, we have the perfect solution for you. It’s easy to share your brand with the world using GoCentral’s website-building, marketing and eCommerce tools.
Check out how these businesses have used GoCentral:
- Megaphone Fitness: Marketing know-how meets fitness guru
- FishHeads: Simple yet intricate styles for outdoor lovers
- Crafty entrepreneur builds Craftwells online store
- The colorful world of Joseph Craig English Studio
- Old-school vibe meets modern tech at The Noble Barber Shop
- Traveling Tiger Wedding Films thanks GoDaddy phone rep in the coolest way imaginable
- Green Barn Events: Barn-based entrepreneurs build event business one friendship at a time
We’d love to hear what you think.