Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
bukharifaran
Skilled

Won a Domain from Auction

Hi,

I have won a domain from the auction today. There were two options, one for bidding $20, and the other one was to buy the domain straightforward in $75. I decided to buy the domain and make the payment. I got the payment receipt from Godaddy and also received an email from Godaddy. 

But the domain is not visible in my account. When I go to Auction Domain >> Bidding List >> Won Domain, I can see the domain name and status is: "Funds received, authorization pending"

Why the authorization is pending while funds are deducted from my Card. And when I will get that domain into my account so that I can start work on it? 

Do I need to do anything else from my side? Any extra payment or any other documents which I need to provide to Godaddy team for authorization? 

domain won.JPG

Need help on this. 

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES
Solution

Re: Won a Domain from Auction

Hi @bukharifaran,

Congratulations on the auction win!  After you win a domain name on Go Daddy Auctions®, you must contact the domain seller. (Please note -- due to payment verifications, the option below will not be available until 5 days after your purchase in the account with us.) 

TO CONTACT THE DOMAIN NAME SELLER
1. Log in to Go Daddy Auctions.
2. Hover your mouse over the Bidding List menu, and then select Won.
3. Click Email Seller for the domain name.
4. Enter the message, and then click Send Mail.

You will need to contact the seller and request three things in order to complete the transfer of the domain into your account.
1. unlock the domain at the current registrar
2. forward the codes they have received from us (Transaction ID and Security Code) to you, the buyer. [If there is privacy on the domain, the owner will need to remove it. The codes can then be resent.]
3. obtain an Authorization Code from the current registrar and provide to you, the buyer

Once you have these three actions done, you may complete the transfer authorization in your account with us.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
bukharifaran
Skilled

Re: Won a Domain from Auction

Thank you for the help.