cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Getting Started

I am not getting Auth code from current registrar

I have domain registered with Net4India, I want to transfer the domain to Godaddy, but Net4India is not providing Auth Code after several request, through emails,through Service Tickets. My question is being registered holder of Domain name  can Godaddy help me in to transfer the domain?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User IV

@manoj 

I do not believe GoDaddy can help with this as the auth code has to come from the registrar where the domain is currently. Based on some Google Searches this seems to be a known issue with Net4. Depending on your TLD (.com for example) you maybe able to go to the registration agency to get help.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @manoj,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous reply from @PL281 is correct in that GoDaddy is not able to get the Authorization Code for you from another registrar. We have no authority, outside of a court order, to get that code. There are usually 2 ways for a customer to get that code from the remote account. You may want to log into your domain panel at Net4 India and see what's available to you.

Many registrars provide an option in that domain's panel to request this code to be sent by email. Be sure the administrative email address on the domain is correct for this purpose. The registrar is allowed 5 calendar days to complete this request. 

Some registrars will provide this code through the domain control panel. This allow you to copy and paste it into the transfer request at the gaining registrar (like GoDaddy).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Getting Started

make a complaint to icann.org and follow the procedure.  I got my Auth Code after making compliant and finally was able to transfer the domain.

12 REPLIES 12
Super User IV

@manoj 

I do not believe GoDaddy can help with this as the auth code has to come from the registrar where the domain is currently. Based on some Google Searches this seems to be a known issue with Net4. Depending on your TLD (.com for example) you maybe able to go to the registration agency to get help.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Getting Started

Thanks for the response. But in my case who is registration agency other than Net4? How I can find it?

@manoj 

It depends on the type of domain for example .com is ICANN

Hi @manoj,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous reply from @PL281 is correct in that GoDaddy is not able to get the Authorization Code for you from another registrar. We have no authority, outside of a court order, to get that code. There are usually 2 ways for a customer to get that code from the remote account. You may want to log into your domain panel at Net4 India and see what's available to you.

Many registrars provide an option in that domain's panel to request this code to be sent by email. Be sure the administrative email address on the domain is correct for this purpose. The registrar is allowed 5 calendar days to complete this request. 

Some registrars will provide this code through the domain control panel. This allow you to copy and paste it into the transfer request at the gaining registrar (like GoDaddy).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

New

Hi Manoj!

Have you been able to manage the transfer from net4?

I am having the same problem and there is no response from their end.

Please let me know how you managed the transfer as net4 just do not reply

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

make a complaint to icann.org and follow the procedure.  I got my Auth Code after making compliant and finally was able to transfer the domain.

Hi Manoj, How long did it take to resolve the issue with icann.org? Who finally gave you the auth code was it icann or net 4?

Net4India gives Auth code, ICANN force Net4India to issue Auth Code, the entire process may takes upto 15 days. But we get code for sure.

Hi Manoj, 

Thanks for your response. May I know how long back did you start the process? Looks like Net4 as a company is closed.So wanted to see if you were able to get it resolved after the company closed.  I have raised a ticket with ICANN but have not received any response yet. 

New

Thanks a ton Manoj for your guidance and for taking the trouble to reply back.

Sincerely appreciate it!!

Hi, Were you able to get the auth code? I have the same trouble with net4.

Yes, I got Auth code, see my trailing responses for the same.