Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Domain names

Can someone please help. I would like to use my domain name and use it on shootproof. How do I go about this? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
    justingodfrey
    Rockstar II

@korgmen504 wrote:

Can someone please help. I would like to use my domain name and use it on shootproof. How do I go about this? Thanks

@korgmen504 After a quick Google search I found these instructions right on the shootproof website: https://blog.shootproof.com/tip-of-the-week-to-custom-domain-or-not/2011/07

GoDaddy.com

Open the Domains tab and select My Domain Names. You’ll be directed to the Domain Manager page.
    Click the domain that you’d like to use with your custom domain.
    Click the Total DNS Control And MX Records link at the bottom of the section entitled Total DNS.
    Click Add New CNAME Record in the box labelled CNAMES (aliases). If you’ve already created a CNAME record for your custom domain’s address, click the pencil icon next to the existing CNAME record.
    For the Name, enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use for your blog. For example, if you picked www.proofing.mydomain.com as your address, enter www.proofing here.
    Enter clients.shootproof.com as the Host Name. Specify a TTL or use the default setting of 1 hour.
    Click OK, and then click OK again.