Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

uploading word files

I cannot upload word files with stories to a 'download' section I have created. If I cut and paste text I lose all formatting. when I press the 'add' button I get a message that my file format is not supported even though |I am using .doc and .docx files. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

replying to me - there is no problem posting pdf files so I can convert my stories to pdf then post them. They can be downloaded subsequently by viewers. Still cannot post WORD documents but I can live with that. The stories are for reading, not editing. 

View solution in original post

Hi @mattieGO2019. Thanks for following up and adding what you found to be your solution. I'm not sure why your Word docs would not upload as that file type is supported. If you (or another member that comes across this discussion) find that you need to have downloadable Microsoft Word files on your site and it's not working, you may want to touch base with our support team so they can take a look at what's going on. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

2 REPLIES 2

replying to me - there is no problem posting pdf files so I can convert my stories to pdf then post them. They can be downloaded subsequently by viewers. Still cannot post WORD documents but I can live with that. The stories are for reading, not editing. 

Hi @mattieGO2019. Thanks for following up and adding what you found to be your solution. I'm not sure why your Word docs would not upload as that file type is supported. If you (or another member that comes across this discussion) find that you need to have downloadable Microsoft Word files on your site and it's not working, you may want to touch base with our support team so they can take a look at what's going on. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.