cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

HELP!!!!: My website is not loading on my PC

HELP!!!: My site "www.jibelzy.com is no loading on my computer but shows this message "The connection has timed out

The server at www.jibelzy.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

i tried loading it on my phone and that of a friends and it loads in sec. please what could be the problem...i really need to resolve this fast so i can reach the back end of my site and make updates. Please i need urgent solution.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!!!!: My website is not loading on my PC

Hi @jibz,

well just pass me your computer.............!!

Without Remote Desktop Access, or at the very least SSH access to your computer, that's going to be a hard one, you think?

You are going to have to figure this one yourself, but I would start with firewall settings and trying to enter the IP address. I reckon your 'site' is hosted on a free blogging platform, am I right? So when you type in your domain, it's an alias for something else. Therefore you need perhaps to make sure your cNAME records are correct. So try typing in the search bar your IP address for your site.....

New

thank you for your response to my question/message. i have tried what you suggested but it still not working. I tried loading my site on other people's PC and it loaded in sec. please what do i do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jibz,

Your site is a blogging site and of course you wanted a more professional looking domain to link to it. Often the DNS records are misconfigured for such domains, such as, having redundant 'CNAME' or 'A' records. You probably have your 'A' record pointing to your IP address, plus a CNAME record pointing to the same place.

But only support or yourself can check this out. Please have a chat with support. 

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

@jibz

Since it loads on everything but your your PC it has to be an IP or cache issue.  Just went to your site on my PC and it popped!

So here are some questions to ask...

=> Did you change your PC's host file during development?  If so those changes need to be backed out.  

=> If you didn't mess with the hosts file on your PC, have you tried clearing all your caches?

=> Do you have any security software on your site that could possibly be blocking your PCs IP?

=> Check with your host to see if your connection's IP is being blocked on their side.

These are the only things I can think of that would block only your specific PC.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Worry is a misuse of imagination." ~Unknown