cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

PHP.ini--how to make changes using cPanel?

Hi!

My WordPress theme says I need to customize my php.ini file with the following data:

max_execution_time = 300;
memory_limit = 128M;
upload_max_filesize = 128M;
post_max_size = 256M;

I know I have to go to:
Cpanel Admin - Select PHP version - Swicth to PHP options

I can change all the other options except for "post_max_size =" above 128M

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: PHP.ini

Hi @CarlosJRD. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! You can make all of those changes by uploading /editing a .user.ini file for cPanel accounts. I'd suggest giving that a try. Hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi, so by going to cPanel >> file manager >> public_HTML >> create a user.ini and edit max file size and max upload that will override goDaddy php.ini file?

And do you ensure us that we need to create a user.ini file instead of php.ini

THANK YOU!
I also have same problem on your hosting!
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @graphyguru. Thanks for posting. To clarify, the file needs to be ".user.ini". You need to have a "." in front of the word "user" or it will not work. Changes you enter in that file should override the defaults for the server. However, if you find that that isn't happening, you can try using a php.ini file (no "." in front of "php"). If you go that route, you'll need to end all PHP processes to see results. The only way to do that currently is to change your PHP version to something else, then change it back. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.