cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

What's the best plugin for better Google Page Speed Insight?

Recently, we have developed https://zenithclipping.com 

We are using WordPress & our page builder is Elementor Pro.

Our website has good score at Gtmetrix and Pingdom but very poor score at Google Page Speed insight. Which plugin can help us increasing the page speed score at Google Page Speed Insight.

Here are the screenshot of the results.

Mobile.PNGDesktop.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: What's the best plugin for better Google Page Speed Insight?

@zenithclipping1 

Hmmm... I ran a GTMetrix report and got a D.   There really isn't "a plugin" that can solve all these issues in one fell swoop nor is there one that concentrates on just one specific speed test.   Once you have all the bases covered all reporting should fall in line with minimal variance.

As is usually the case images are getting an F.  That means they are being scaled down from the upload size to the smaller size that is needed to display.   So you'll want to resize the images noted down to the smaller size and re-upload them.   Also, utilizing an image compression website or plugin for your images can help with over-all image optimization.

For that I use Smush Pro -- but there is a free version to start with.

Leverage Browser Caching and Minify CSS files is next with a C.

In some cases there is only so much you can do with CSS files -- especially with files that are served off your site that are out of your control to control.   There are caching plugins that include these features so review the noted files and then check out the various plugins that can help with that too. 

I use Hummbingbird Pro.

Once you get these first issues resolved, run new tests to get a new benchmark and then you can investigate further.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution

I just run a speed test of your site in Gtmetrix. Still it is taking almost 5 sec to load with 2 MB page.

Things you can improve to improve your Wordpress website speed:

• Minify Javascipt

For minification of HTML, CSS & Javascipt i suggest you  to use Autoptimize Plugin.

• Defer parsing of Javascipt

Use Async Javascipt plugin & choose defer in all the option.

• Add Expire Header

Use add expire header plugin. Just install & activate this plugin. No setting required.

You can check out this blog post - https://www.digirockstar.com/how-to-optimize-wordpress-website-speed-reduce-page-load-time/

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@zenithclipping1 

Hmmm... I ran a GTMetrix report and got a D.   There really isn't "a plugin" that can solve all these issues in one fell swoop nor is there one that concentrates on just one specific speed test.   Once you have all the bases covered all reporting should fall in line with minimal variance.

As is usually the case images are getting an F.  That means they are being scaled down from the upload size to the smaller size that is needed to display.   So you'll want to resize the images noted down to the smaller size and re-upload them.   Also, utilizing an image compression website or plugin for your images can help with over-all image optimization.

For that I use Smush Pro -- but there is a free version to start with.

Leverage Browser Caching and Minify CSS files is next with a C.

In some cases there is only so much you can do with CSS files -- especially with files that are served off your site that are out of your control to control.   There are caching plugins that include these features so review the noted files and then check out the various plugins that can help with that too. 

I use Hummbingbird Pro.

Once you get these first issues resolved, run new tests to get a new benchmark and then you can investigate further.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

Highlighted

I recently tried several plugins at zenithclipping.com . After trying several plugins I followed this guide from gtmetrix https://gtmetrix.com/wordpress-optimization-guide.html This helped me getting an A score at Page Speed but still slow at Yslow Score. Here it is https://gtmetrix.com/reports/zenithclipping.com/UOSw2eqB

Can you guide me improving the yslow score?

Highlighted
Solution

I just run a speed test of your site in Gtmetrix. Still it is taking almost 5 sec to load with 2 MB page.

Things you can improve to improve your Wordpress website speed:

• Minify Javascipt

For minification of HTML, CSS & Javascipt i suggest you  to use Autoptimize Plugin.

• Defer parsing of Javascipt

Use Async Javascipt plugin & choose defer in all the option.

• Add Expire Header

Use add expire header plugin. Just install & activate this plugin. No setting required.

You can check out this blog post - https://www.digirockstar.com/how-to-optimize-wordpress-website-speed-reduce-page-load-time/

Highlighted

Thanks a lot. I just finished reading your blog. You have written very detailed guide on improving page speed. Thanks a lot for taking your time and sharing your knowledge with us.

Highlighted

There are multiple factors which decide the speed of a website. Only a single plugin can't do the best as it depends upon your Webhosting, theme and many other optimization factors. I have shared a detailed guide on this topic to get a 100% GTMetrix score. I hope that will help you to find some ways to improve your website speed. https://www.bloggingjoy.com/100-gtmetrix-google-page-speed-score/