• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

#1227 - Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

Hi, 
    i am making views in my sql. when i am create the views then it show the error . "#1227 - Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation"  kindly help me to fix this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
    3fk
    Former Employee

Re: #1227 - Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

@marinah5 it means your in a shared server, shared server does not have root access. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31315660/1227-access-denied-you-need-at-least-one-of-the-super-p...

this link tells it all. 

-joven

Re: #1227 - Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

Hi

I'm still unable to resolve this issue tried the solution you provided me i guess there must have some restrictions over my godaddy hosting which not allowing me to modify view query inside mysql can look into issue 

please see the image i attached

i'm altering the view and not allowing me to do that 

sql_issue.png 

3fk
    Former Employee
    Solution

Hi @marinah5

I run into some VPS and found they have Privileges and if no tab, it can be created via console. tab and it looks like your runnin it on a shared host. I double checked the requirement of this and confirmed It is virtualized and super privileges are turned off by default. This is so people won't go hog wild creating crons, events, and hogging the system. degrading the system for all accounts on the shared environment.
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1404107/permissions-for-creating-a-trigger-in-mysql
    I figured it can be added as well if not console by manually adding it on a file called my.cnf or my.ini which I found writable on a VPS or Ded Server that has root access.

So it looks like you'll gonna need a root access. 

Warm Regards,

Joven