• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Afterpay option

Hi,

Wondering if afterpay payment option will be available anytime soon? All major online stores platform now offer that except Godaddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

My general rule is "I try not to make it difficult for people to pay me." This means that I will accept many kinds of new payment methods @justinwwj but larger companies do not often have that flexibility. My favorite forms of payments remains greenbacks and cashola but it seems like I hear about a new payment method weekly.

The are all kinds of reasons that larger companies like GoDaddy do not have agreements with payment companies. Even a established company like American Express is not accepted everywhere. The reasons can be platform based, technology based, corporate agreement based... In the scheme of things Afterpay (2014) is a new company. GoDaddy won't accept Bitcoin and they are more than ten years old.

GoDaddy actually had limited and consistent payment methods see Payment Methods GoDafdy Accepts for Purchases. I would not expect that GoDaddy would jump on the latest platform. Though I naturally cannot give the official GoDaddy position those are my thoughts. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

My general rule is "I try not to make it difficult for people to pay me." This means that I will accept many kinds of new payment methods @justinwwj but larger companies do not often have that flexibility. My favorite forms of payments remains greenbacks and cashola but it seems like I hear about a new payment method weekly.

The are all kinds of reasons that larger companies like GoDaddy do not have agreements with payment companies. Even a established company like American Express is not accepted everywhere. The reasons can be platform based, technology based, corporate agreement based... In the scheme of things Afterpay (2014) is a new company. GoDaddy won't accept Bitcoin and they are more than ten years old.

GoDaddy actually had limited and consistent payment methods see Payment Methods GoDafdy Accepts for Purchases. I would not expect that GoDaddy would jump on the latest platform. Though I naturally cannot give the official GoDaddy position those are my thoughts. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post