• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Creating a livestream site like Twitch.Tv/Youtube

I am in the very beginning of creating a website, going to buy a domain after some answers in here.

I want to create a site where my visitors can livestream to my site using software like OBS.

What is needed for this to happen, I need a wordpress site I understand, should I use video whisper?

Also I need a VPS/dedicated servers. 

What else do I need or wordpress plugins?'

1 REPLY 1
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Creating a livestream site like Twitch.Tv/Youtube

@olliel

I noticed you tagged website builder -- that's a no go for this application.

Open broadcasting uses a ton of resources (a lot of storage and bandwidth $$$)  -- so minimally you would need a serious Managed WordPress host to start.  Then, you would watch your performance (speed and bandwidth limitations) and upgrade to VPS/Dedicated/Cloud if/when needed as your traffic grows.  "Unlimited" plans only go so far until your resource usage starts affecting other customers.  

VPS/Dedicated requires a particular set of skills to manage, so if you are not a "techie" then start with Managed WordPress to get your feet wet and monitor your resources. (Or use YouTube instead of hosting streaming everything on your server.)  Even then, I would have a phone discussion with any host you are considering and explain what it is you want to do and what they recommend.  Some hosts scale better than others.

As far as a plugin round up, that's pretty unique to each site, theme specified plugins and features you desire. 

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison