Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

E-commerce plan and Hosting?

Hi,
    I have had a website with online store with Wix for a number of years.

I have just transferred my domains to GoDaddy and I'm looking at the options for setting up the same on here.

Do I have to subscribe to the e-commerce website package as well as the single server hosting package?

I have read for hours but nothing straight forward on the website. I'm hoping I'm incorrect because it would be more than double than I was spending with Wix.

Thanks for any help.
    2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: E-commerce plan and Hosting?

It depends on your needs and preferences.  The website builder platform is designed to be quick and easy, but with that comes some hard limitations.  So some people love it and some people hate it.  I usually recommend starting by testing out the features that are important to you before building out the site and adding all of your products.

WordPress is a lot more flexible and customizable which comes with the added effort of setting it up the way you want.  There is a learning curve the basics can be picked up pretty quickly, but the platform allows you to get basically as advanced as you want.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Super User II
    Solution

The Online Store plans include up to 3 Marketplace connections (your choice from Amazon, eBay, etsy, Google Shopping Actions, Jet, and Walmart).  You can list up to 100 items and complete 50 orders a month.  Unlock all marketplace connections for an additional $5/mo,  unlimited product listings for $5/mo.  Then for higher orders it's $10/mo for 100, $20/mo for 500, or $30/mo for 1,000.

To help illustrate the categorical difference between the two platforms the website builder has features like this built-in but the features are what they are. WordPress does not have all of the features built-in but many can be added with plugins, which are mini programs that add to what the main program can do.  The eCommerce WordPress plan is setup for WooCommerce which is a WordPress plugin that also has it's own plugins that they call extensions.

https://woocommerce.com/product-category/woocommerce-extensions/developed-by-woo/

7 REPLIES 7
    Highlighted
    Super User II

The website builder platform is self-contained, it includes the templates, editor, and hosting.

https://www.godaddy.com/websites/website-builder/plans-and-pricing

Another option WordPress Hosting also has an eCommerce plan which includes WooCommerce extensions.

https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/wordpress-hosting

Highlighted
    New

Thank you for your reply. Can I ask which you would recommend?

I don't have any experience of wordpress (maybe a blog years ago?) But I'm a quick learner. I have just had enough of Wix customer service autoreplies and slow speeds.
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Solution

It depends on your needs and preferences.  The website builder platform is designed to be quick and easy, but with that comes some hard limitations.  So some people love it and some people hate it.  I usually recommend starting by testing out the features that are important to you before building out the site and adding all of your products.

WordPress is a lot more flexible and customizable which comes with the added effort of setting it up the way you want.  There is a learning curve the basics can be picked up pretty quickly, but the platform allows you to get basically as advanced as you want.

Highlighted
    New

Thank you very much, I will give them both a good looking at.
    Highlighted
    New

One of the features I would find extremely useful, but seems too good to be true 😄 would be inventory synchronisation with Etsy, eBay etc.

Again it mentions it is a feature with Online Shop, but I can't find any more information.
    Is it included in the subscription fee, or an add on?
    How does it work?

I haven't seen that wordpress can do it 🤔

Again thank you for any advice, it's appreciated.
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Solution

The Online Store plans include up to 3 Marketplace connections (your choice from Amazon, eBay, etsy, Google Shopping Actions, Jet, and Walmart).  You can list up to 100 items and complete 50 orders a month.  Unlock all marketplace connections for an additional $5/mo,  unlimited product listings for $5/mo.  Then for higher orders it's $10/mo for 100, $20/mo for 500, or $30/mo for 1,000.

To help illustrate the categorical difference between the two platforms the website builder has features like this built-in but the features are what they are. WordPress does not have all of the features built-in but many can be added with plugins, which are mini programs that add to what the main program can do.  The eCommerce WordPress plan is setup for WooCommerce which is a WordPress plugin that also has it's own plugins that they call extensions.

https://woocommerce.com/product-category/woocommerce-extensions/developed-by-woo/

Highlighted
    New

Thanks Nate,

I think the feature is only available in the US, I am in the UK.

I have spent two days trying to get Square, Etsy and GoDaddy to sync inventory, and i'm ready to throw my laptop out the window 😥 and just assume it does not work.

I have 17 pages of items (no variables just simple items) that have imported into GoDaddy with no SKU and stock level set to zero, and only one blurry image. So I figure I have to edit all those details in Square, and sync with GoDaddy again - only GoDaddy will ignore any items that are already in my inventory. It won't update them, neither within the 15 minutes it says it does automatically, or when I manually Import from Square.

So do I have to manually delete 17 pages of stock in my GoDaddy inventory every time I need to sync it with Square?

I really hope I am missing something obvious, thanks for any advice.