• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Go Central Websites

I asked some questions the other day and they disappeared.  I am basically quite disappointed in the Go Central website builder.  I did not realize it would be so rigid and that I would not be able to add code to my pages.  I know html well and java and a couple other coding systems less well.  I am perfectly capable though of creating, adding, and modifying code to make my new website more interesting to visitors and make it as interactive as possible.  That is the best way to get and KEEP people coming back.  But the website builder won't let me do anything.  

I keep hearing they are working on a way to do this in the future but by then my website will be dead.  When will this happen? Is there another way to add code? 

The other issues I have with my inability to alter or add code is 1) the website builder missed a few things when it comes to accessibility (even things as simple as no alt tags).  Since we provide services with disabled folks of which I am one, we have a moral responsibility to be top notch in accessibility.  In this regard, I haven't even used the webaim WAVE tool to assess the website.  It will no doubt find other problems. 2) SEO reviews consistently tell me the website is heavy on CSS and Html code and it is slowing down the speed amongst other things.  I would like to see that changed but I cant.  It only takes seconds before people decide to abandon a website they are visiting for the first time.  At the moment, the only thing I can do is optimize my images to reduce load time.  

Until they get around to making this a less rigid system, what can I do if anything to customize the website and make it more interactive and interesting?  

I don't want to spend a ton of money again to move everythng to another host, but it is critical to this site getting off to a good start.  So far, it is lacking.

I'm open to ideas.

5 REPLIES 5
    Rockstar II Rockstar II
    Rockstar II

Re: Go Central Websites

@allan35

GoCentral is a brochureware web builder.  It is what it is.  It is not meant for folks who want to get their hands dirty customizing back-end code and scripts.  GoCentral is just not the product for you based on what you describe you want to do.

I would recommend you look at Managed WordPress.  Keeps things simple while giving you that additional control and flexibility you are looking for.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." ~Babe Ruth

I wish there was a thumbs down icon to click.  That answer was what I would have expected from Godaddy.  I understand that you aren't an employee but you are following their customer service model which is non-existent.  Just get lost and scrap your website is not the answer I hoped I would get. All GoDaddy seems to want is everyone's money regardless of the service they do or don't provide.  What a wasted month.  Now I will have to go to another host, rebuild the site and move my url over.  How many hundreds will that cost I wonder.  

I have had a GoCentral web site for months, upgrading from an online store. It is totally useless, and I have not had the first order. GoDaddy, I have found is best used for hosting. If you build a web site there, this is where it stops. You have a site that nobody knows is there, and yes, I do what I can to promote myself.

What a total waste of time and money with absolutely no results. I would not recommend it to anyone!

Rockstar II Rockstar II
    Rockstar II

@allan35

What would you have me do -- not tell you the truth or state the limitations I know the product has?  Am I only to provide answers I think the askers want regardless?   Otherwise I get mentions of thumbs down or personal digs?

That is not what this community is about.  We are all here to help -- not to sugarcoat or provide cover for anyone -- GoDaddy or users.

I am sorry you are so disappointed.  But I only follow MY own customer service model.  The truth and reality of what products do, and if not adequate what is required to reach stated goals.

Judith
    "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." ~Babe Ruth

It is easy to migrate to WIX.  And costs about nothing- just the labor. Luckily my name was about to expire, so I just moved it to WIX and reupped it.