• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to add a new product on the right category

I'm trying to add a new product. I have three categories in order, (necklaces, bracelets and earrings,) for instance  when I add the product (is a necklace) it goes all the way to  the end (after earrings),  how can I add it to the right category (necklaces) and don't get everything all mixed up? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Employee

Hello @LulaKas and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response and welcome.

After adding product categories you have the option to rearrange the product categories changing the order as shown in the help article I had provided a link to, Step 7. You can use the same rearranging feature as shown in the product category help article to rearrange the newly added products.

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and hope you found this response helpful. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Employee

Hello @LulaKas and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response and welcome.

After adding product categories you have the option to rearrange the product categories changing the order as shown in the help article I had provided a link to, Step 7. You can use the same rearranging feature as shown in the product category help article to rearrange the newly added products.

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and hope you found this response helpful. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

Thank you for  your message but this is not what I need. I already have my categories organized. GoDaddy gives the he option to rearrange categories but it doesn't give  the option to rearrange a "single product". For instance I need to add a new necklace, now my shop is organized into Necklaces, Bracelets and earrings in that specific order, but if today I add a new necklace and in the product section I add it as a necklace in reality on the website it goes all the way to the end after earrings...so it mixes up everything. Go Daddy doesn't have that option, it's been in the community for years, we call and the team says you are working on it...for two years?...It will be nice to add a drag and drop button for each product so we can organize the shop upon convenience or taste, if you can please talk or send this message to the website builder techs will be nice. Thank you

Hello @LulaKas,

Thank you for reaching out. When you add a product, the view (of Products page) is sortable by a few options, e.g. newest, name, etc. You can also choose to filter by categories. I think what you are asking here is to reorder products within the category group itself. So, if you have "Necklace" category, you'd like to place a newly added product, say"Blue Necklace", in the 2nd position, among 5 existing necklaces in the "Necklace" category, instead of at the very bottom of the "Necklace" category. You are correct, we don't have reordering products within categories yet. I've noted this down on the feedback/request list.