• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Switched to GoCentral having issues with blurry photos

Been a customer of godaddy since 2013. I have gone through, several times, the ever changing "new and improved" platforms and have never experienced blurry photos until switching to GoCentral today. I uploaded the photos and immediately saw they were blurry. The quality (pixels are low BUT been using the same photos from 2013) I have contacted support and they can't help, they suggested I change the "theme". I have tried resizing but that does not make a difference. Has anyone else had the same issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Adding photos in GoCentral is a bit of a balancing act @sienasky. I'm not exactly sure what the compression is but there is some level of compression there. Have a look at Best practices for using website images from the GoDaddy Garage. My typical advice is to upload to as low of a quality as is needed. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Adding photos in GoCentral is a bit of a balancing act @sienasky. I'm not exactly sure what the compression is but there is some level of compression there. Have a look at Best practices for using website images from the GoDaddy Garage. My typical advice is to upload to as low of a quality as is needed. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

View solution in original post

Thank you for responding. The photos are of low quailty and thought that may be the issue.  Tried resizing to larger and that did not work, which makes sense. I looked at utilizing photoshop to resize and and found information regarding resizing, it mentioned resizing from large to smaller works best. Resizing small to large does not work. Unfortunately I do not have large/better quality. 

If your photos are low quality to start the unfortunately isn't much room for improvement @sienasky. I'd suggest that 2013 web quality pictures aren't even small screen display quality now. I hope that you can acquire new pictures.