• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

What plan do I need

Hello Everyone, 

HNY... I need some advice on which godaddy plan to purchase. The options and features are too much for me to really understand quickly. First of all ive built a website using the free 1 month website builder, i now need to do the following....

Keep hosting the website and the design (i don't want to rebuild it)

I have a subscribe form on the site and need to be able to collect the signatures and export them for back up purposes. lets say 2000-3000 at the moment

I also would like options for marketing and promotion but not sure what plan covers all of what i need.

I need the site to be backed up as well for safety.

One question? Do i need an SSL certificate? Im not selling anything but i notice the site says Not secure...

If anyone can tell me what simple options to choose i'd be most greatful.

Many thanks,

K

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: What plan do I need

The website builder platform is self-contained, it includes the template, editor, and hosting.  All of the plans include SSL, it basically comes down to which marketing and eCommerce features you need.

https://www.godaddy.com/websites/website-builder/plans-and-pricing

View solution in original post

Helper VI
    Helper VI
    Solution

Hello @Kpmixbus and thank you for reaching out to the community. 

I think the biggest question is how much social & email marketing do you want to do. If little, I would go with a basic plan; if a lot, I would go with a premium plan. 

Everything else is covered for what you're looking for. 

Those would be my two recommendations. You can also contact GoDaddy support as well, and they can help with your decision as well. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I
    Solution

The website builder platform is self-contained, it includes the template, editor, and hosting.  All of the plans include SSL, it basically comes down to which marketing and eCommerce features you need.

https://www.godaddy.com/websites/website-builder/plans-and-pricing

Helper VI
    Helper VI
    Solution

Hello @Kpmixbus and thank you for reaching out to the community. 

I think the biggest question is how much social & email marketing do you want to do. If little, I would go with a basic plan; if a lot, I would go with a premium plan. 

Everything else is covered for what you're looking for. 

Those would be my two recommendations. You can also contact GoDaddy support as well, and they can help with your decision as well. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Re: What plan do I need/

Thanks very for for your replies. I think I need somewhere between
    2000/3000 subscribers and I need to be able to export my list. Is that
    possible with the standard plan?

Thanks again for your help
    Super User I

Re: What plan do I need/

The Premium plan is better suited for many subscribers.  But I do not know of a way to export the subscriber list, that may not be available.