Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

how to add a forums to page ?

can anyone tell me how to add a forums to my page please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@wacvet,

Adding a Full-Fledged forum depends on what product you have...

If you're having cPanel Hosting or Mannaged WordPress, you can easily ass a forum...

---------->phpBB, MyBB, BuddyPress, etc...

But if you're having GoCentral, you may not be able to add a forum...

The reason is almost all of the forums require a database and run at server-side...

The GoCentral runs at client-side...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    Helper V

@anonrooster325,

I am afraid you will may not be able to add a complete forum to a website builder...

If you're really particular about adding a forum!, please consider cPanel web hosting or managed WordPress...

There might be a few open source light-weight forums!, but I have not tested it yet...

The cPanel web hosting provides 125+ Free Applications that you can install in a simple way...

---------->phpBB, MyBB, SMF, Buddy Press, Vanilla Forums, etc

Hope this helps

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

----->NEXIA

@p3rootwrote:

@anonrooster325,

I am afraid you will may not be able to add a complete forum to a website builder...

If you're really particular about adding a forum!, please consider cPanel web hosting or managed WordPress...

There might be a few open source light-weight forums!, but I have not tested it yet...

The cPanel web hosting provides 125+ Free Applications that you can install in a simple way...

---------->phpBB, MyBB, SMF, Buddy Press, Vanilla Forums, etc

Hope this helps

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

It didn't help me at all, and I have the same question as the OP.

I have several websites hosted by GoDaddy. I would like to add a forum to one of my sites. Can I do this with GoDaddy - do they have an app? Or must I download forum software like MyBB and then incorporate it into one of my sites?

Can I host this forum that I create/download with my GoDaddy account, or do I need to add something or upgrade something?

How do I add a forum to my GoDaddy-hosted website? I know that's a big question but that's what I want to know.

Sorry but I'm not an expert at this so if you answer my question as if I'm an expert, I probably won't understand. If I were an expert, I wouldn't have to ask. Smiley LOL

@wacvet,

Adding a Full-Fledged forum depends on what product you have...

If you're having cPanel Hosting or Mannaged WordPress, you can easily ass a forum...

---------->phpBB, MyBB, BuddyPress, etc...

But if you're having GoCentral, you may not be able to add a forum...

The reason is almost all of the forums require a database and run at server-side...

The GoCentral runs at client-side...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

----->NEXIA

View solution in original post

Will GoDaddy be adding a forum feature to GoCentral in the future? Looks like there are quite a few of us who would like this ability. 

You mentioned needing a database fun at server-side while GoCentral runs client-side. Can you explain this so non-techy's can understand? 

What is an example of "server-side" vs. "client-side"?

Does GoCentral have a database option or do I need to change my website plan? This would be really disappointing because I chose GoCentral Business Plus because it had a membership option.

Can we have a 1, 2, 3 easy step explanation for adding a forum to a GoCentral site? Does it need to be linked to another site? Is there an app or add-on that would work with GoCentral to meet this need?

Can we use add-ons to GoCentral at all? 

Thank you for the easier to understand explanation. This is one of my first websites and I just don't have the background jargon down.  

Hi there,

Adding forums to GoCentral sites isn't currently on the roadmap. However, we'll look into it for the future and would do it in such a way that you wouldn't need to maintain a database or anything like that. That sort of thing would be managed for you.

Please put a forum in

We love our GA1 families

@syyoung wrote:

Hi there,

Adding forums to GoCentral sites isn't currently on the roadmap. However, we'll look into it for the future and would do it in such a way that you wouldn't need to maintain a database or anything like that. That sort of thing would be managed for you.

Please put a forum in

We love our GA1 families