With cities around the nation enforcing some form of a stay-at-home order, there’s little to no foot traffic coming into many brick-and-mortar stores. To combat reduced traffic, many local businesses are turning towards digital gift cards as a way to generate revenue online.
Many point-of-sale (POS) platforms offer a gift card option, so chances are that your platform does, too.
In terms of cost, there’s usually no fee to set up and sell digital gift cards. However, you’ll need to check with your POS platform for any transaction or processing fees for each gift card sold.
If you’re using GoDaddy Websites + Marketing, see Set up digital gift cards in Square for detailed steps for how to set up your site to sell gift cards.
Creating digital gift cards with Square
While there’s a variety of different POS systems available, many businesses use Square to process physical and digital purchases.
Square also offers digital gift cards that you can sell to your customers through your website. You’ll need the gift card URL from Square to start selling gift cards.
Visit Square Gift Cards to learn more about their digital gift cards program.
Once you have your gift card URL, make sure that your website is set up to sell gift cards.
Websites + Marketing’s new digital gift cards feature makes it easy to sell gift cards from your site.
Other digital gift card platforms
Although we mentioned Square earlier, the new Gift Cards feature in Websites + Marketing will also accept gift card URLs from other sites. Here are a couple of other platforms that are compatible with the Gift Cards feature:
- Clover. This is another POS service, similar to Square, that lets you order custom physical and digital gift cards.
- Toast. This POS platform is geared towards restaurants and other dining options.
While setting up gift cards is usually free, keep in mind that there might be some processing fees associated with each gift card purchase.
If you’re using Websites + Marketing, you can use the new Gift Cards feature to sell digital gift cards from Square or other POS platforms.
So if you’re looking for a way to continue doing business with your customers online, consider selling digital gift cards from your website.
You can do this!
If you need a helping hand, we’re here for you.
- Check out our How-To videos for content aimed at helping you navigate through COVID-19.
- Looking for stories and inspiration? Visit the GoDaddy YouTube channel.
- Dig into resources on the GoDaddy blog.
- Connect with like-minded people in our #OpenWeStand community forum.
- Find answers to product questions in our Help Center.
- Call or chat with one of our GoDaddy Guides.
Above all, have faith in yourself. We have faith in you.