We’re stoked about launching the new GoDaddy Pro Hub, an experience totally tailored to the unique needs of website designers, developers, and freelancers. But if you’re one of these folks (we call them Makers of the Web) you might be going, GoDaddy Pro isn’t new! It’s been around for a while.
What is GoDaddy Pro?
Made by and for web designers and developers, GoDaddy Pro allows users to manage all of their clients’ websites from one, centralized location known as the Hub. These sites can be hosted on GoDaddy or elsewhere. The Hub allows you to handle them all!
The Hub by GoDaddy Pro makes it easy to access each client’s website from just one dashboard with a single login. Designers and developers have the option to perform bulk updates across all of their clients’ websites at the same time, making site management speedier and more convenient. From WordPress plugin updates to backups and evaluating site performance, GoDaddy Pro puts all of these tools at your fingertips in one convenient Hub.
What is the difference between GoDaddy & GoDaddy Pro?
Within the GoDaddy family, GoDaddy Pro is distinctly its own thing. It’s an app, a platform, and a community. We built GoDaddy Pro from the ground up to not only meet your needs, but empower you to achieve even greater success.
Taking a closer look at GoDaddy vs. GoDaddy Pro, GoDaddy offers website hosting and domains to those who want to build a website. On the flipside, GoDaddy Pro focuses on managing multiple websites on behalf of a variety of clients.
While GoDaddy users are typically folks who want to build a single website or a small handful of websites, GoDaddy Pro is geared toward professionals who manage anywhere from 10 to 25 to even 100 or more websites.
Both GoDaddy and GoDaddy Pro offer affiliate and reseller programs that allow users to become partners.
- GoDaddy is considered to be a Basic Reseller, while GoDaddy Pro is a Pro Reseller. The Basic Reseller program offers hosting, domains, and services related to running a website.
- The Pro Reseller program allows professional web designers and developers using the GoDaddy Pro platform to grant their clients access to GoDaddy products and plugins to create greater style, functionality, and improved user experience for their websites.
Now that you understand the differences between GoDaddy and GoDaddy Pro, as well as their respective reseller programs, let’s take a sec to dive deeper into the Hub by GoDaddy Pro.
How does GoDaddy Pro work?
The GoDaddy Pro Hub includes access to every client and their website from a single dashboard. The Hub includes features like bulk WordPress updates, client shopping carts, and uptime monitoring. It’s purpose-built to reduce the amount of time required for routine tasks.
The Hub by GoDaddy Pro makes the rote tasks of website management easier by allowing you to roll out batch updates across all of your clients’ websites instead of having to do them one at a time. This frees up more of your time to engage with more of the creative work you love to do. It also makes for happier clients who can rest assured that their sites won’t experience downtime and will be up-to-speed (ummm… in some cases, quite literally) with the latest updates.
Even better, you can accomplish all of this with just a single sign-on. You’ve got work to do! You don’t want to be trying to remember the passwords for each of your clients’ websites. The Hub allows you to get down to business and keep your clients’ sites up and running smoothly.
Here are just a few of the features available to users within The Hub by GoDaddy Pro:
- Daily backups and 1-click restore
- Website security and scans
- Notifications if a website is experiencing issues
- Uptime monitoring
- 24/7 support from experienced agents
- Prioritized support ticketing
- Access to the Pro ManageWP interface that allows you to make bulk updates for WordPress core, plugins, and themes
- Secure access to client websites and products via the GoDaddy Pro Clients dashboard
- Create to-do lists
- Leverage built-in project templates and timelines
- A 30% discount on qualifying purchases for you or your clients
- Access to the GoDaddy Pro Connect community to meet other designers and developers just like you
People who use the Hub report saving, on average, three hours each month for every site they’re maintaining for clients.
How much does GoDaddy Pro cost?
GoDaddy Pro is free. There is no catch! A GoDaddy Pro membership gives you access to the Hub and more features designed to streamline your workload and manage more clients’ websites in less time. From our project management features to site management tools, they’re all included with your free GoDaddy Pro membership.
Some programs, such as the GoDaddy Pro Reseller program and Pro subscription may have added costs or fees included. While GoDaddy Pro is free, users can purchase a variety of premium products on behalf of clients. GoDaddy Pro memberships also include a 30% discount for qualifying purchases.*
How the GoDaddy Pro Hub continues to evolve
If you ever used GoDaddy Pro for site management, things might feel familiar when you log into GoDaddy Pro and check out the Hub. That’s understandable. Turns out, GoDaddy Pro caught on quickly and there was an increasing demand from a user base with broader needs.
The Hub is the result of countless hours of research.
Through interviews with real-world website designers and developers, we gained an understanding of pain points and the tasks they face in a given day. Our product roadmap is packed with new features we’ll be rolling out over the next few years.
A few more important things to keep in mind:
- All your GoDaddy Pro sites and clients are automatically available in the new Hub once you opt in.
- Currently, the Hub doesn’t have all the features available in the old GoDaddy Pro dashboard.
- The old GoDaddy Pro dashboard will remain available until we have feature parity in the Hub.
The new experience is meant to be more intuitive and seamless, but we have so much more coming and are committed to bringing the vision to life. (You should seriously check it out.)
How can you become a GoDaddy Pro member?
Not a member yet? It’s easy to become a GoDaddy Pro member. You can sign up for free and create your account in minutes.
- To create your account, you can use either your existing Facebook or Google profiles to easily create a login.
- Don’t want to use your existing Facebook or Google accounts? No problem! You can manually add your email address, username and password of your choosing to create your GoDaddy Pro account.
- You’ll also be asked to create a four-digit support PIN to use in case you need to contact Support.
- From there, simply hit the “Create Account” button and you’ll have access to all of the GoDaddy Pro membership features.
- Once you’ve confirmed your login credentials, you’ll see the Hub dashboard. Poke around and take a look at all of the features you can use. You’ll want to start by exploring the left-hand navigation pane. From there, you can:
Yes, it’s really that easy! Once you get familiar with the Hub and all of the cool new tools at your fingertips, you’ll be able to manage all of your clients’ sites like the pro you are, with just the touch of a button. Get started today and sign up to become a GoDaddy Pro member for free.
Connect With Us to Help Grow the Hub
For troubleshooting, count on 24/7/365 support from our experienced Care Guides — with a fast-track chat queue reserved exclusively for GoDaddy Pro.
You can catch up with us online a bunch of different ways:
- Submit feedback directly in the Hub.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Read our stuff on the GoDaddy Garage
- Drop in on the GoDaddy Pro Community.
- Register for one of our many events (they’re virtual for now).
If you’re curious to see real-world proof of GoDaddy Pro and the Hub helping other web designers and developers, you can read about their experiences in stories we regularly publish about them. Apply as a contributor if you’d like to be featured next!
We built GoDaddy Pro based on insights from real people, and we’re going to continue doing that. If you have an idea for making it better, please post your feedback in the community, through our feedback widget in the Hub, or connect with us on Twitter!
* See website for additional terms and conditions.