Asheville, NC, is a place where, when walking down the street, you’ll often catch someone’s glance paired with a warm smile. There’s music on every street corner, a craft brewery on most every block downtown, and waterfall hikes are a regular part of life. Asheville is a happy and friendly place, and the WordPress community in Asheville is welcoming, friendly, and full of excitement for both sharing knowledge and learning how to be even better website creators.
WordCamp Asheville in a nutshell
WordCamp Asheville was an epic three-day event featuring a pre-camp (where people new to WordPress learned the basics) and two days of talks centered on development, business, design ad front-end, and general WordPress topics.
- Carrie Dils presented an engaging keynote centered on how to create relationships at a WordCamp (or in any situation for that matter).
- Pre-camp participants learned how to create their first website, and all of the WordPress basics needed to progress quickly.
- There were four tracks: business, all users, design and front-end, and developer.
- The after party was at Wedge brewery, and was an awesome place for attendees to network with each other, speakers, organizers, volunteers, and sponsors.
- The happiness bar was busy constantly from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon. People in Asheville love to learn!
The mountains were beautiful, the WordCamp was awesome, and the beer was tasty. Thanks for your hospitality and friendliness, Asheville!
Additional photos of the event in this WordCamp Asheville recap.