Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    User000
    Getting Started

How to adjust store availability to accommodate holidays?

I currently go into Appointments--> Calendar (change view to "Day") --> Block Time to make online appointment time unavailable for a particular holiday day.  However because of my global Availability settings (store hours), my bricks and mortar store will still show up as "open" (although no one can book appointments if they go online).   

Is there a way for my store to show up as "Closed" on my website on the particular holiday? Note that my regular "availability" information is linked to Google and Facebook, so my store automatically shows as "Open" or "Closed" when people view the Google or FB page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

What you are asking for sounds simple @User000 but implementing that would cause hair loss for any coder who attempted it? First I would note that all of your appointments are subject to confirmation so that if someone booked a time you were not available for any reason you could reschedule them.

I can't imagine what the 'holiday' parameter would be? Given Websites + Marketing is used globally different regions will have different holidays. National Radio Day counts right? I think that the Google calendar has a unique option for this. They actually let you pick your own holiday calendar and you can choose multiple ones. If you are syncing your calendar to Google you can probably cut out a lot of the work of blocking out days? Check out Sync appointments with my personal calendar. Come back and let us know if that worked for you? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    rd
    Super User I

What you are asking for sounds simple @User000 but implementing that would cause hair loss for any coder who attempted it? First I would note that all of your appointments are subject to confirmation so that if someone booked a time you were not available for any reason you could reschedule them.

I can't imagine what the 'holiday' parameter would be? Given Websites + Marketing is used globally different regions will have different holidays. National Radio Day counts right? I think that the Google calendar has a unique option for this. They actually let you pick your own holiday calendar and you can choose multiple ones. If you are syncing your calendar to Google you can probably cut out a lot of the work of blocking out days? Check out Sync appointments with my personal calendar. Come back and let us know if that worked for you? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

View solution in original post

User000
    Getting Started

Hello @rd. Probably a better way too make sense of my request is to think of my store's "availability" as two separate stream. - Keep in mind that I have a bricks and mortar Service based business - .  

1.  Store Opening Hours e.g M-F 9-5 each day

2.  Availability of Service staff for appointments during these opening hours.

With W+M. I can define both. 

1) My store's opening hours. are reflected online  and when you visit my website or google my store or my Facebook page (linked to the website). They will show "Currently Open". or "Store Closed" based on the current time - all automatically updated based on W+M info I entered for Operating Business Hours .  This is already in place and working as designed.

2). If you try to schedule an appointment, available slots will show up in the online W+M calendar based on my staffs availability  (In my case staff hours = store hours)

All is good in the world.

However, if there is a holiday (say Monday), I can go into the W+M Bookings section, as described above, and "block" that day.  This means that no one can book any online appointments for Holiday Monday.  Again, so far, so good.

However, if anyone were to visit my website, or google my business or go on my Facebook Page on Holiday Monday, the store shows as "Open".  This is because my  store's operating hours reflect that I am "Open" on Mondays 9-5.

This is the issue I am trying to work around.  @rd , your solution will contribute to me "blocking" appointment time, but not solve how to reflect information that my store is closed on a Holiday day.

rd
    Super User I

That is kind of what I thought the situation was @User000 and that's why I suggested Google calendar syncing. I don't use Facebook so I can't offer that silution but if you're syncing through your Google calendar and you have selected holiday setting(s) those should reflect? That only works when you connect and sync through Google.