• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Can I Import more than 100 Products using a CSV file in Online Store

Dear GoDaddy Community, 

I'm a new GoCentral Online Store user. Will it ever be possible to import more than 100 products at a time, using a CSV file? I need to update inventory on a regular basis using CSV files and find the 100 product limitation very impractical. 

Thank you,

HomeFash.com

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Can I Import more than 100 Products using a CSV file in Online Store

I don't see it the same way @HomeFash, I find that small batches when uploading often work best. There is not much that sucks more than waiting on a huge batch upload for it to fail. I don't know how many products you have or what your turnover is but you'll often find this kind of system limitation. If you're running batches of 10,000 or more products weekly as a habit you may have outgrown the GoCentral storefront. If you're talking about 1000 products then ten quick batches shouldn't be too difficult? It's a feature not a limitation (despite it being an actual limit). Probably not what you wanted to hear? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Thanks RD,

What you said makes sense to me. However, I use primarily drop shipping. My main concern is keeping inventory updated on my GoCentral Online Store as the dropshipping companies I do business with update their inventories. What’s the easiest way to update inventory on GoCentral for those of us who use dropshipping?

Thanks again!
    John
    www.HomeFash.com
    Super User I

Again, I'm not completely familiar with your use case @HomeFash but it sounds like you're doing a lot of extra work? I find that when using drop ship companies the best thing to do is interface your storefront to their backend (GoCentral most lonely can't do that). Am I to understand that you are processing orders manually (someone buys from your storefront and you order it to be drop shipped)?

Not every problem is with a high price solution. If you're just processing five (5) items a day that's one thing but if you're processing five hundred (500) then that's another. I'd probably say that for low volume GoCentral is great in your use case but in high volume you've outgrown it and that is a good problem to have.

Perhaps even limiting your storefront items only to core items might be beneficial? Maybe just updating core items and seasonal ones separately would help? The reality is if you are using CSV upload to update your items you've already found the "easiest way". I don't envy your holiday workload. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

Rd, thank you again; I appreciate your kindness and expert advice.

Yes, I process orders manually; people order from my storefront and then I place the orders to be drop-shipped. I work with several different drop-shipping companies, so it can be difficult when it comes to updating my onventory records. I’m not selling many products right now on GoCentral, but I hope to soon!

I do like GoCentral’s user friendly setup features. I will continue to use it until I outgrow it.

Thanks again!
    John
    www.HomeFash.com

Super User I
    Solution

It sounds like you're in the beginning stages of your website journey @HomeFash? My advice is to stomach the method your using now and keep track of your must have items. When I say "keep track" I mean keep a physical list. In your head things might get lost but a list will be helpful when looking for a solution after you outgrow a GoCentral Online Store. 

I can tell you that having multiple vendors will make it a bit difficult to find a solution but it can be done. I wish that I could offer you a better solution but I can guarantee that you aren't the only one. I think you're in a good place, as I only advise upgrades when business need dictates.