• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to add a Facebook pixel for tracking ads?

Hi all, 

I have an online flower shop, at FromeBlooms.com and I want to add a tracking pixel for facebook ads, but I can't see how to add this into the HTML code. All I can do is insert this as content at the bottom of the homepage, which looks very messy and might not work!

According to Facebook, for adding the pixel to GoDaddy:

1. Log in to your Website Builder account.
    2. Click Edit Site.
    3. Click the three-bar icon in the top-right corner of your screen and select Site Settings.
    4. Select Site-wide Code.
    5. Paste the pixel code between the <head> tags.
    6. Click OK and close the Site Settings window.
    7. Click Publish.

My problem is that I don't have an option to edit site wide code in site settings. 

I'm using GoDaddy Website builder on a business account.

Can anyone advise how this is done please? Thanks, Jenny 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Great, thanks for your answer. 

Just to make it clear, steps are:

Pages

Home
    Add section (find HTML on bottom and choose layout)

Add your pixel code as html 

<body>
    <head>
    <!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
    <script>

</noscript>
    <!-- End Facebook Pixel Code -->

</head>
    </body>

Save and publish!

View solution in original post

Product Team

Hey folks!  You can add a Facebook pixel right in the product settings: 

1. Log in and go to your GoCentral website ("edit my site" or "manage" in MyProducts)

2. Within the site editor, click "Site Settings"

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 4.34.08 PM.png

3. click that and then see a panel to enter your code: 

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 4.34.14 PM.png

44 REPLIES 44

Hello, 

Have you solved this yet? I am currently having the same problem!

Thank you for posting,

Peter

I am experiencing the same issue, if anyone comes up with a answer, please let me know. Thanks.

Me too!   Any word:?

having same issue, someone please reply!

I can not find the "Site-wide code" navigation anymore, has it been changed?

If you are using GoCentral Website Builder, GoCentral does not offer the SiteWide code that was available with the older versions of Website Builder. The current version of GoCentral does not offer the ability to add or edit HTML.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

So we cannot use Facebook retargeting pixels if we are using a Godaddy website builder anymore? I am seriously failing to see how this newest version is better in any way.

That's disappointing to hear, especially after so many weeks since I first asked. Can you let us know why this feature was removed and if there are plans to put it back? 

How on earth do I do re-marketing with adroll where they ask me to enter HTML

Adroll asked me to do this "Insert the code before the </body> tag on all pages on your website"

Ae we saying this is not possible???

This is ridiculous. When I "upgraded" to GoCentral, the Rep. failed to mention that I would be LOSING this important functionality. Now, if I want to get this back, and stay with GoDaddy, I'll need to rebuild the site a third time, this time in Wordpress (they crashed it and lost everything when I noticed it was no longer secure in the transition process). They now say that GoCentral is a NOVICE website builder. Funny, the Rep. never mentioned that when they "upgraded" me. It was very much represented to be a viable alternative to Wordpress. Give me a break. Get your coders in there, do the right thing for all of us, and give us a the option to add a pixel, for crying out loud!

GaryA - people are waiting months to get support on this issue of not being able to use tracking code in the "new" website builder.  It is shameful that you guys can't respond helpfully to people's urgent business needs.  They have stayed loyal and continued to use your service and deserve some reciprocity when GoDaddy takes away functionality without warning.

How is it possible for this not to be addressed. I am shocked. Wake up GoDaddy you are asleep at the wheel.

No answer yet?

Bump for a reply... This is a huge issue.

If there is no fix for it, then there is no need for me to continue to use GoCentral. GoDaddy please respond.

I need to set up Facebook Pixels on my site.  Can you please advise how.  Leanne

I conducted a chat with customer service and got this response: 

"I see. It is not yet available for the GoCentral store. We are currently doing some tests for the update which will be rolled out soon and that option will be available."

This lack of integration is very disappointing. What were they thinking???

I added an HTML section on my home page and added the pixel code in just now. 10/23/17. Facebook is showing some data. It did add a little bar at the bottom of my home page when u view it but either way it's working. To minimize the bar size, set pixel height to 1.

Thanks MattBouncer, I've used the HTML section as you suggest. It seems like an awkward workaround, and I notice that this new option to add code is a non-supported beta, but let's hope it works. My seasonal flower business is pretty much done for the year now we're in late October, but better late than never I suppose! Smiley Frustrated

Great, thanks for your answer. 

Just to make it clear, steps are:

Pages

Home
    Add section (find HTML on bottom and choose layout)

Add your pixel code as html 

<body>
    <head>
    <!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
    <script>

</noscript>
    <!-- End Facebook Pixel Code -->

</head>
    </body>

Save and publish!

@Shole10

Thank you for your advice! Already done that, I had some errors but until the end it worked.

Now we need the rest of the common and normal things: drop-down menu and multi-language site.