• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Is there a way on GoDaddy to use a favicon on a masked Domain?

Is there a way on GoDaddy to use a favicon on a masked Domain?

12 REPLIES 12
    Helper III
    Helper III

Re: Is there a way on GoDaddy to use a favicon on a masked Domain?

You should be able to do this.  You'll need to put a line of code in the HEAD section of your HTML:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="[Icon Location URL]" />

Make sure to put the correct URL for the icon you wish to use in the above code, and it should work.

Normally having the icon file in the root of your web server's document root with a name of 'favicon.ico' is enough, but with a masked domain, I'm not sure if that's the case.  That code should compensate for that, in theory.

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @jschoolnik. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

If you're using our forwarding/masking service for a domain registered with us, there isn't a way to add a favicon. Our masking loads the site into an iframe, so adding code to the site you're forwarding to wouldn't affect the frame our system uses. If you are somehow setting up your own forwarding/masking via a hosting server, the suggestion that @jvanderb may work.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

That's no fun

So what is the solution ?

My godaddy domain is forwarding with mask and I want to use my custom favicon.  

Go Daddy should provide a way to upload a simple Favicon to the Frame for each site.  I am sure it would not be a hard thing to add, and then even the masked/forwarded sites would look for legit.

This is not working

So Godaddy - can you add support for favicon?

New

How about a little service here, Godaddy. This issue is important to a good number of your clients and should be an easy fix. 

I was reluctant about forwarding my website to a GoDaddy domain. It was my first time. After all this work and effort, I come to find that the page displays without a Favicon. I don't know about y'all, but when I see a website without a Favicon I immediately resist interaction with it...

Please help!

I want to be able to do this too without moving away from GoDaddy. @JesseW give us all a solution.

New

The iframe bit is a deal killer for me. I don't care about the facicon as much as accessing audio files. I have a main domain and a masked domain. Clucking on a file in the masked domain opens it in the main domain. I'll be moving when my time is up.
    New

same here. No ssl and no favicon makes it looks so so so shady. Could you please expand on setting up other ways of doing forwarding? What do you mean by "setting up forwarding via a hosting server"?