• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Setting Different International and Domestic Shipping Rates

How do I set up weight based shipping with different rates for international and domestic orders? It seems I have to have the same USPS shipping rates for the US as well as other countries and the rates are nowhere near the same. I have chatted with support and called them and no one could help me. I tried to use the carrier calculated settings,  but they did not calculate the correct amounts. I think the carrier based rates can't tell if you are shipping in a large or medium Priority box. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Setting Different International and Domestic Shipping Rates

Hi, @John3. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I haven't heard of others having issues with this before. The shipping using USPS should work based on the product information you enter. If you're seeing an error in what is listed, it would be great if you could provide more information regarding your setup. Screenshots are always helpful. Also, when you say the correct amounts are not being calculated, what do you mean? Can you provide more details about what you think it should be and why? That should help you get a more detailed response from the community.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Thanks for the response. What I'm looking for is a way to set up weight based USPS shipping to the US with US shipping rates that I want to set, and weight based shipping to other countries with rates that I set. I mostly ship items by Priority Mail. If I set my rates and choose All Countries/Regions, it will set the shipping charges all the same no matter what country it goes to. If I use the Carrier Calculated method, it doesn't know if I am using a large Priority box or a medium one. When I tried that method, it showed shipping for what I ship in a large Priority box to be $12.65 for the US, and the actual rate is $18.75. I'm sorry, but I'm tech challenged and I don't know how to do screen shots. Thanks again.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi, @John3 - You should be able to set up two shipping options. The first could be just for the US, and would use US carrier information. The second can be weight based and you can select any country it applies for. You can also set up more than one Weight based category if you want to group certain countries together. This article may help with those. 

If you still want to provide screenshots, this article may help you learn how to do that. Another helpful site that explains screenshots is http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

You can see (hopefully) that now even though the address is Canada, the only options are to choose a US State instead of a Canadian Province. Plus now it adds California sales tax even though my settings are to charge tax only IN California. If someone continued even though the information is incorrect, the next page shows the correct shipping amount with no sales tax and they can change their state to their Canadian Province. I apologize for not being very tech minded. But thanks for helping!