Upcoming event: See how our commerce options can help your business adapt to the shifting landscape at GoDaddy Open 2021 on September 28.
As long as you own things that others want, you’ll face the potential that someone will try to steal them. It’s no different when it comes to your GoDaddy account and products. Most attackers will use phishing emails in attempt to steal your login information.
In this post, we showed you a few examples of recent phishing emails. Email scams are an ongoing problem, so here’s a refresher about what to do if your GoDaddy account is targeted.
What should you do if you received an email like this?
If you’ve received a phishing email, please go here to report it to us.
What can you do if the email is not hosted with us?
Please follow that same link for more information about how to report the abuse if the email is not hosted with GoDaddy.
What should you do if you believe you’ve been compromised?
After reporting the abuse, you should take the following steps to secure your account:
- Reset your account password.
- Update your account PIN and security settings.
- Review and verify your domain’s contact information.
- Update your account’s payment methods that are on file. We recommend replacing all existing payment methods, since credit card information can be used to validate your account.
- As an additional step, we recommend enabling two-factor authentication. This adds another layer of protection by requiring a one-time validation code in order to log in to your account or make certain account changes. You can read all about it here.
We always recommend using antivirus software to help protect your computer from compromise. It’s also important to ensure that your third-party accounts (i.e. online banking, email, and social media accounts) use strong, new, and unique passwords to help you fight back against hacks. These resources can help you with password protection:
Need help managing all those new, secure passwords you just created? Look into a password manager.
Our Customer Support Team is available 24/7 to assist if you have any questions or concerns about your account security or what steps you can take to protect yourself. Don’t hesitate to give us a call!