• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Re: how to enable comments on blog posts on builder?

Hi Christie,

Thank you for sharing the updates you have available. I'm wondering if you have any additional news for us, since it's now fall.

Thank you!

My renewal date is 10/23/18, it is now Fall, 9/24/18 to be exact, Will commenting be available or should I be looking into another platform instead of renewing when my trial is over?
    CandiPlans
    New

Hi @cstrasia

Are you still thinking this functionality will be available this fall? Are you able to give us more of a specific timeline with it being fall now?

Thank you!

Well, I wished I had checked this thread first. I just spent 20 minutes for a customer service person to finally tell me I cannot at a comment thread to my blog page. I am not impressed! And I cannot add a sidebar for a contact form. I must send folks to another page. This is not a smart layout. 

GoDaddy start listening to your customers.

New

Comments for the blog

One of the main reasons I want to have a blog is so users can comments.  I have been reading others posts on this topic and wanted to add my two cents.  I think this is a must-have if you are going to offer the blog as one of your products.  The last I saw, it was going to be "early fall" when this functionality is added.  Is that still the case?  Can you give us an ETA?

I'm waiting patiently too.

New

Has GoDaddy decided when the roll-out of the comment section will be? I just started my blog on the site and had no idea that I wouldn't have a comment section. 

This has been issue for awhile, still no ability to comment on blog posts.. it’s been a request for a lot of people and for some reason it’s on the back burner of things.. disappointing.. I took my blog to another host that I just embed within the godaddy site.. it’s unfortunate but all I can do is wait.. with you fine folks.. www.selfimprovedaily.com.

Thanks! -Maria

Hi; as a new blogger, I see that this states by fall comments should be sorted out. I pay a lot of money for this site and I’m disappointed I’m not able to incorporate this feature. Since it’s fall now, what date do you have planned for this feature? I need to know or I need to cancel my membership immediately.

Thank you
    The Little Hungry Caterpillar

@cstrasia

So I've read all of these comments and as it is October now (definitely Fall) I'm curious as to when this feature will be added. I'm pretty new to blogging but I thought being able to comment on a blog was pretty basic? 

I understand you have a job to do but at this point you have been telling people since early this year that this feature will be available soon. Here we are mid-fall and still no commenting feature. I'm confused.

And tell me this...When you go to the "contact me" tab why is it under the questions or comments section GoDaddy has it automatically saying "while you can comment on individual blog posts..." You're setting us up to be liars to our viewers because they cant comment on individual blog posts, hell they cant comment on the website at all. Still confused over here.

If I would have known this feature wasn't apart of the website builder I would have taken my business elsewhere. Can we please get an update as to when it will be available? and please don't say late fall or early winter.

Yours Truly,

Caylee

Product Team
    Product Team

Unfortunately, the ability to comment on blog posts has been held up by unforeseen issues. We hope to have a more solid ETA soon.

In the meantime, @southernroller could you link me to your site so I can look into where it says that about commenting on individual blog posts? I definitely agree that we shouldn't be saying that on websites right now.

@syyoung this is a link to my contact me tab. The only thing I’ve changed on it is the ending “yours Truly, caylee”
    I will be changing the paragraph now though.
    https://southernrollercoaster.com/contact-me
    Product Team
    Product Team

@southernroller Thanks so much! I was able to track down the issue and get it to the right people to fix it. That way, we don't cause bad information to go out on any more site.

New

Its been just over a month since I started my website and blog. I've already been complimented on the clean layout and been asked who I'm using. However, I've also been asked when direct commenting on posts will be available. I also noticed the issue the previous poster referred to and contacted GoDaddy via Facebook Messenger about it.  I can't recommend this Godaddy product in all honesty at the moment, much as I wish I could, because of the absence of this feature. Wordpress is not the answer for everyone.  I chose Godaddy website builder because the addition of a blog feature was promoted. Currently your users are missing an important feature and you are missing out on recommendations. I have been following this thread for a while, having had hopes that since autumn has arrived in the northern hemisphere, comments would soon be available. Very disappointed this morning to learn that further delays can be expected and no commitment is made. 

I can't even begin to communicate my disappointment with the, almost flippant, response from GoDaddy regarding this issue. I'm working with a group of middle school girls who have been working on a community project where they secretly place rocks around town that have been hand painted with positive messages. These rocks also guide them to a blog where they are encouraged to share their experience and any thoughts they might have. These girls have put in an exorbitant amount of effort and 100 or so rocks have been strategically placed and we can only assume founds. Their kind and thoughtful efforts will go unrewarded due to GoDaddy's misleading and arrogant stance on the matter of commenting within a blog, which I might add are what makes a blog work. what's funny, or not, is that this GoDaddy community by which every one is sharing or "COMMENTING" on GoDaddy's inadequacies is almost exactly what everyone is asking for in their blogs. 3 simple words, COPY AND PASTE! And I will close with a message to GoDaddy's management, your customers are speaking to you, stop throwing the little guy out on the stage to deliver nonsubstantive  "COMMENTS". Be accountable, be professional, and be positive. If you can't do that, stop selling something you can't deliver.

Wow, I wish I knew that comments are not enabled on Go Central. I paid for a year and now I feel like I wasted my time and money building my blog on Go Daddy.  

It would be greatly appreciated to be provided the date this will be implemented. Summer and Fall are noted in prior responses from Go Daddy employees and still no progress.  A blog without the ability to provide comments is pretty much useless as the whole point is to interact with my readers.

TRULY DISAPPOINTING to find out comments are not enabled on Go Daddy. My blog looks good and is easy to publish but pointless if my readers can not comment.

Please provide a date when the functionality will be available.

Thanks!

New

I’m adding my name to a long list of people who are crying out for this feature. (Just look at how many views and posts this thread has)

This is an important feature request for bloggers, please make it as important for godaddy to rold it out. New themes just don’t seem to cut it when it’s basic features that we are after. 

Please help your customers by giving them what they need, and quickly before they find it elsewhere. 

Thank you. 

Still not working? How to enable comments on blog posts?  It is a must...can you let us know?

thanks

I had some good compliments about the web pages too, but I had to tell my friends not to use godaddy products because of the "Comment" option issue. They were wondering about that but thought maybe I didn't want to add it.

I am very disappointed at the moment and wish I didn't buy the products for 5 years. I still couldn't understand why is it so hard for them to add "comment" in blogs.

I'm also trying to have open mind and hope they will resolve this issue by the end of this year. 

This is disheartening. 

I am in the process of rebuilding my website as I move it from another host (another problem I'm having with what I thought was going to be an ideal solution to customer service problems on another platform). It's December now, and the promises of a rollout "soon" don't seem to be getting much attention.

I just paid for a year, and as I spend hours working on recreating this thing, and discover that features that I am apparently paying for aren't available yet, with no reliable ETA - what I thought was solid customer service apparently stops when the cash register rings.

Reading through this thread, I'm disheartened, and seriously considering asking for a refund, to move my site elsewhere. I thought I was signing on for a viable package, and now that I'm sitting down to implement, I'm discovering that I've gotten maybe half of the solution I thought I was getting. Very disappointing.

GODAddy....

Are you there? it is a shame you are not working on this issue.  I guess it is one of the most, if not the most important thing when you are creating a blog.

You are a serious company, or at least we believe that.  Any real answer for all of US?

Sergio Navarro

I agree 100% with you.  It was a bad decision to create our pages using goddady.

Sergio Navarro

When will this be ready???

I guess I am the lucky one, since I am still in my trial period, but I am wondering why I am wasting my time making a nice site that is missing one of the biggest features of a blog? I read a few days back that this would come out by the end of this year, will it? Please let us know. Basic customer support to give a real timeline and now reading further and seeing that it keeps getting pushed back worries me. First summer, then fall, now when? Please let us know. 

New

Frankly, I've given up on my blog project. I need to move my blog first of the year, and start fresh. SHAME, GoDaddy!

Product Team
    Product Team

Commenting on the blog is our top priority right now. As soon as I have more information, I'll come back here and update all of you. 

@syyoung Four weeks ago you said "We hope to have a more solid ETA soon." nothing since then until today saying "Commenting on the blog is our top priority right now. As soon as I have more information, I'll come back here and update all of you." You haven't provided anything of substance in well over a month... Is this going to be completed in a few days? A few weeks? Years? Ever? Please give us some more information rather than just repeating the same thing differently over and over again.

To everyone who is following this thread:

Our very reasonable requests seem to be falling on deaf ears. There is no reason whatsoever that this simple REQUIREMENT for a blog should not have been instated by now. In fact, the packages we bought should never have been sold without this feature.

I contacted the complaints department to request to speak with the person responsible for implementing these changes and was told they "couldn't give out that information." (No surprise). I then requested that this person contact ME (leaving both my email and phone number). Again, no response except this now-familiar "we're working on it soon" post.

I have taken to posting on Twitter, and am now contacting Pat Foran (On Your Side).

Encouraging everyone else to ask this very direct question on Twitter and other social media outlets until we get this very basic change accomplished. This is ridiculous. 

http://www.patforan.com/3758/Contact-Pat-Foran.htm

Product Team
    Product Team

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the candid feedback and active participation in the forum. This is a feature that we are actively working on and are planning to launch in Q1 of 2019. We understand this is a highly requested feature and appreciate your ongoing patience.

Thanks,

Scott Lewis | Director of Product

GoDaddy

Scott, the more definitive release date is appreciated but this will not be very satisfying to your customers. This was originally promised in "fall 2018", now it is "Q1 2019". To me, that means March 31, 2019, at best given GoDaddy's performance to date. From my perspective, this functionality will be delivered more than 6 months past its promised date. It's honestly not a very satisfying response and suggests that the GoDaddy product development process is not well under control. I think you guys should expect continued dissatisfaction from your website builder customers and continued deterioration of your Net Promoter Score. I was expecting you guys to do better. 

I agree completely.

March 2019 is far too late for this simple feature.

Scott, WHY is this taking so long? And why did GoDaddy not anticipate that people would want their readers to be able to COMMENT on their blogs? It's such a basic, fundamental characteristic of a blog that nobody would even think to ask if it was included. It is, in fact, the PURPOSE of a blog.

I need this feature far sooner than that projected date. What are you offering in the meantime to customers? A refund? A free upgrade to a package that DOES include this feature? It's really too bad because the website is easy to build and use and I would have given it a great rating but for this issue. As it is, I'm an author with a huge platform and I'm now having to tell my readers, friends and colleagues NOT to go with this. 

Shame. 

Scott 

Like the others, your response is not satisfactory to me. This functionality was promised for earl y 2018. GoDaddy did not deliver. Is GoDaddy using a WordPress platform for the site builder? If so, why are the blog comments not available? This is a normal WP feature? 

I need a functional blog. So, GoDaddy must give a definitive response. I cannot wait until 1Q 2019 which may mean March - maybe!. Otherwise, I'll have to count my paid fees to GoDaddy as a loss and move to another host. 

Imani  

I read this entire thread and see all the empty promises from GoDaddy. 

Here's the rub everybody - we are replying to this issue using the SAME technology we are asking for.

How is it that we have comments enabled for the Community but do not have it enabled for blog posts?

I work in the software world. This is NOT difficult no matter how they try to defend themselves unless of course they don't have quality help (doubt that - because of a lot of other NICE features they offer).

I will be migrating my blog from GoDaddy on D1 of Q2 2019 if the comments are not enabled for blogs. I will also write a blog about the poor experience at GoDaddy. This is not a threat. This is me planning my writing duties well in advance.

Peace everyone.

So... is almost 2019 and GoDaddy fails in offer a "comment" feature for the blog Smiley Sad

This is absolutely ridiculous. It is 2019 now. We are STILL waiting on comments for blogs. How does that even make sense? How is it that difficult?! You have a comment feature for your community! 

This is absurd and I am sick of paying for a subscription that is basically useless.

I AMA still in my trial period and thought that comments would be a basic feature for my blog and was surprised to see it wasn’t.

ive come into this forum hoping to find a solution and see nothing but customer dissatisfaction and administrative lies.

its a really simple feature. One you’re already using in this forum.

you can’t give a definitive answer to the question and I won’t be renewing after the trial period.

paying hundreds of dollars for a site that doesn’t even work properly is a disgusting practice and was it really a good idea to lie to bloggers?

we are going to be talking about you.

on other platforms that work, of course.

New

I first asked about comments on 6/22/18. Six months later, my passion project has died since I didn't have the time to migrate my project.

GoDaddy, I've gone from anxiousness, to anger, and now to grief over this. Thanks or failing me and so many others. 

I’m jumping on this thread. I just put together a site for a cross country bike tour I’m doing and want the blog to communicate with my family and friends. Seems kind of useless to have a blog if you can’t answer questions or communicate with your audience. If it isn’t resolved soon I’ll be pushing for a refund.

Thanks for the update, will you also adding a like/helpful functionality so if someone doesn’t want to make a comment they can still say they liked / found the the post helpful?

FLD82- we have asked about these comments long before June. I started my site last January and this thread had been on going for months before this. We were told two or three times theyd be adding comments at X time and when X rolled around... No Comments! Not even a response. Its total BS. Clesrly godaddy doesn't care about its customers!

It seems that there will be no Goddady solution soon to this problem.
    The problem: THE BLOG LACKS THE POSSIBILITY FOR READERS TO COMMENT.
    This function is already something very basic in any blog service but Goddady does not have it.

In addition to this problem I will mention others. Blog posts seem to have a SEO problem, and you cannot add "tags". I don't know if it is because they are unnecessary already, butif you wanted to add them you cannot.
    In general, the Goddady website builder is extremely super basic, I think is better to buythe Wordpress admin hosting from Goddady or from other place. For example, in the Goddady builder it is somewhat complicated to enter html codes and add many other functions. Personally I don't intend to renew this product, I feel cheated.

Heres whats going on for anyone interested in commenting function.

NOTHING.
    This thread I believe started back around OCTOBER 2017, yes 2017 folks. GODaddy conveniently doesnt have dates on these comments.
    GoDaddy employees have told us atleast 3 times of these roll out happening. First they said sometime summer of 2018, that rolled around, nothing. Then they said fall 2018, fall 2018 rolled around, nothing. Then they say Q1 2019. Guess what suckers its Q1 2019. I will be contacting the better business bureau, and i will be writting posts and articles about the lack of care and being lied to. GoDaddy has failed to care about its customers.

Officially tired of waiting on GoDaddy to implement this very simple and basic blog feature.  My plan's up in 1 month and am now looking at other platform options.  Anyone have success with WordPress?  I signed up for their free version a week ago... so far so good, and they're offering a 15% off code for new users to upgrade.  Thinking of going with their Premium personal plan... offers site monetization/ad placement features, unlimited free templates, 13 GB storage, social media tools, and (OMG) commenting capabilities. They also have a 30 day refund policy if this plan doesn't suit me.  

Seems like a no-risk, no brainer, and seriously considering... anyone have thoughts to share?  Yay/nay? 

The lack of commenting will drive everyone out from this platform, and it will be too late when godaddy made something about this, it's obvious. WordPress is definitely a great option, though after some research, I started looking into SquareSpace. Without the comments, there is no sense in staying with godaddy. It's a must-have. Whatever option you choose, it will be a great choice.

New

More than 1 year since the 1st question and the problem is not solved....

Smiley Sad

Would like an update on this as well. When will this feature finally be rolled out??? Q1 2019 has begun.

A paid blog service without commenting ability is unacceptable.

This is very frustrating. I built a website with an online store months ago and finally got around to making a blog post. I just found out that there is no comment section...

I didn't even think to look in the beginning because it is supposed to be a blog platform, right? What's the point if you can't interact with your viewers?

GoDaddy, this business is now my sole form of income and need all the options that are out there to help grow it. Do I need to jump ship now so I can start over on another platform? And I'm not going to pay for Builder and pay for another blog platform, so I will dump it all and move elsewhere... 

Please help us all out with this. You have customers depending on you to keep your word.

So I'm on GoCentral. I need commenting on blog posts. I see almost a year ago it was "next up". What product do I need to migrate to to get this done? I really don't want to re do everything!

i am deactivating my blog right after this comment, i better do it now before i start paying for comment less blog.

I am looking for a comments section. When I paid for my service I was under the impression I would get a full website builder. To be frank, blogger.com has better features. I know there is an HTML option on the builder so I may try to incorporate DISQUS. Has anyone had luck with using that?