Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Retired
    Not applicable

Re: Unable to provision EasyApache

@mangoman,

No Sir, you chose self managed VPS and now you find that you yourself lack the skills of a sysadmin. 

That type of knowledge normally does come at a price, that's normally called a wage? Godaddy have to pay wages to the highly skilled sysadmins who do provide full support to those willing to pay for the full service, and that covers their wages! But to be fair, if you consider the difference in price of fully supported VPS or actually digging deep and hiring a sysadmin privately, it's a no-brainer!!

"How hard can running a server be? I mean I run my FaceBook page ok?"

It CLEARLY states that self managed means SELF MANAGED and no support!!

4 REPLIES 4
    mangoman
    Getting Started

HA-HA-HA... Sheesh - with your response, you are only proving that you are unhelpful and not aligned with any "help" that this person-to-person "Community" forum would provide.... Although you reply to many posts, it's unfortunate that you don't actually provide direction, tips, or recommendations.

Retired
    Not applicable

@mangoman,

No, banana man, I don't provide free sysadmin services, and neither do GoDaddy as you have discovered.........................!

I help out but I don't sit down for hours doing freeloaders work for them..................

@mangoman = "How hard can running a server be? I mean I run my FaceBook page ok?"

....and for your info @mangoman I do successfully run my own server!!

I expected better resources and recommendations from members of the GoDaddy's "community" forum - and from you.

Retired
    Not applicable

@mangoman,

You are correct I do have better resources and recommendations.....

1. first understand I am NOT employed by GoDaddy. I am a freelance developer / sysadmin.
    2. Click on the link below and I will add you to my clients and then bill you for the time it takes me to solve your VPS server problems or find a alternative solution for you...... but not before a proposal and T's and C's are signed digitally with an Acrobat Pro PDF doc.............
    3. How does that sound? Because in the real world that is exactly what Godaddy proposes and get you to agree to before you choose a VPS!! Or any other service.......

https://www.godaddy.pro/AngelHall-Coulston  aka @rammsteinium