• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Allowing customers to book more than one appointment

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way for me to set up my appoints where a customer can book for more than one hour at a discounted price? 

For example - booking an appointment for a batting cage rental would be $50 for an hour, if they book it for two hours they will get it at a discounted price, say $80. Is there a step to accomplish this task?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Allowing customers to book more than one appointment

Hi - help me understand, are you currently using an existing booking service, plugin or platform, and if so, which one. Or, are you asking for a recommendation for a system that allows discounts for multiples of time?

The booking service that I am using is built-in one that comes with GoDaddy web builder. I am trying to see if there is an option using this system that allows customers to book multiple hours at a time while giving them a discount for booking multiple hour sessions. If you have one in mind that is easily downloadable and simple to use or some system that can accomplish this task that would be awesome. 

Hope that makes sense, thanks.

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@PEAK_Athletics

GoCentral's appointment app is very basic...

What you can do is create a new "service" but this one is for 2 hours with the discounted price.

So you would have:

Service Name: Batting Cage Rental for 1 Hour  

Price: $50

Duration: 1 Hour

Service Name: Batting Cage Rental for 2 Hours

Price: $80

Duration: 2 Hour

In the description you could note the "Discounted Price!" for the longer duration. 

You could also use Categories to list what you offer by service name or time-frame to make it easier for customer to gravitate to the service they desire, and then see only the time block offered for that service.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

@Muse, This is a good option. The situation I run into will be that someone will book the 2 hour cage rental for cage #1, yet the 1 hour cage rental time will still be available to cage 1. I would then end up with a double booked cage. Do you have any other programs that could accomplish this task better?

Super User II
    Solution

@PEAK_Athletics

Hmmm... Yeah, that is a limitation that I can't think of a work-around for.

I do not have further suggestions for GoCentral -- it is what it is.  However, if you consider moving to WordPress this kind of stuff is not complicated as there are a bunch of Appointments plugins to choose from. Smiley Wink

Judith

@Muse

I think I will be doing that. Do you have any specific plugins that you would recommend?

Thanks for the help and advice!

Super User II

@PEAK_Athletics

I currently use Appointments+ from WPMU as I am a member there.  Worth the price for all the plugins they offer -- and they have wonderful chat support.

Otherwise, you can test any of the plugins in the WP plugin repository.  Simple enough to install, test and remove if you don't like a plugin. Smiley Wink

Judith

Employee
    Employee

Hi @PEAK_Athletics thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We recently released a function in the GoCental online appointment app to allow you to add multiple staff/resources for taking multiple appointments at the same time. In your case, you can add Cage 1 as a staff/resource for 1 hour service, and add Cage 2 as a staff/resource for 2 hour service. Are there other unmet needs? Please keep the suggestions coming.

Pianpian, GoDaddy product manager

Pianpian, GoDaddy product manager