cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Super User I
    Super User I

Bug/Issue - GoCentral - HTML-iframe code in MS Edge browser

All, this is to inform you that I have submitted an official feedback forum with the HTML feature especially with using iframe code NOT working correctly in Microsoft Edge browser due to how GoDaddy GoCentral implements the code. Please click here to vote for this request. 

Here is my write up for that feedback if you don't want to click the link above:

Bug/issue with iframe option in GoCentral when rendering pages in Microsoft Edge. As of right now, this does not occur in Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

When you use the built-in inspect element in Microsoft Edge, the iframe code generated is causing issues with the iframe to be displayed. For this example, we will use, https://navyclubusaindianasquadron.org/squadron-ships 

The original code that renders uses a iframe id, using a srcdoc that is causing issues. See screenshot here, http://prntscr.com/kxgn6o

NOTE, in Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome the original code that is rendered is completely different but doesn't cause any issue. See screenshot here, http://prntscr.com/kxgoms

Now, lucky in the F12 debugger mode in Microsoft Edge, you have an option to right click on that element to an Edit as HTML. If you delete the original iframe code that is rendered from GoCentral and just copy/paste iframe that you copy into the GoCentral component, you don't have any issues. See screenshot here, http://prntscr.com/kxgrb4

I respectfully request the GoDaddy GoCentral dev team to look into this issue. I see several people posting this same issue in the GoDaddy Community page as well.

Your help in this matter is much appreciated!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
    13 REPLIES 13
    New

Re: Bug/Issue - GoCentral - HTML-iframe code in MS Edge browser

I can confirm this! I wish for this issue to be resolved!

I am having the same issue, under there old website builder platform code works fine, the new Gocentral is not working 

works in ie but not edge, 

wolfmanmusic.ca code works

wolffx.ca does not work in edge 

pulling my hair out as I cant tell clients to use Chrome, IE, as ms is pushing edge 

We're also suffering from this issue, and spent way too much time attempting work-arounds before we finally gave up! Please help us fix this implementation issue so that our site works on microsoft edge!!!

I've been getting really frustrated with this issue as I've contacted support for help on this, and the agent I spoke to was very adamant that the issue was on my end and not on godaddy's. Then I found this article, and another one where a lot of people seem to be experiencing the same issue. Godaddy needs to fix this. For businesses trying to advertise products, or info for their customers, a lot of information is missing. Their product should be cross-platform compatible, and if it's not then they should be fixing this immediately. This issue has caused me so much frustration that I'm seriously considering changing hosting companies. 

New

My GoCentral html works on every browser but Edge.  What's the fix, Go Daddy?

Hi Davisdre317

Do you have any updates to this issue? I tried your suggestion but it did not work for me. Perhaps the resolution has changed since you last wrote this article. 

I want to embed a google map as well as a google calendar. Both do not appear in Microsoft Edge. Both work in other browsers.

I appreciate your help!

dkenney804

Its ridiculous that now I'm looking at Google Debugger, GoDaddy NEVER BOTHERED TO INSERT  an iframe title matching the tile on h2 of the iframe. How hard is that? Google tells me my iframes have no iframe titles so my performance of my page is less now. Being that their layouts suck. On top of offering only a few layouts.

There is no 'iframe title' and guess what? You can't change it. I can't wait to get out of this and start with a better company.  These are things they should be able to easily fix and NO it has nothing to do with security, insert a freaking iframe title. 

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

@davisdre317 @christy1234 @dkenney804 @Carol1 @christopherssal  We made an update; can you republish and see if you run into any problems now?  thanks, Christine on product team

Thank you so much for the fix. My Google calendar and Google Map embedded code (iframe) now appears in Microsoft Edge!

New

Thanks Christine - all seems to work now. Much appreciated.  Rdgs, Carol

Super User I
    Super User I

@ChristineL

I'll follow up this weekend.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
    Super User I
    Super User I

@ChristineL, we are good!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

Hi @ChristineL,

The iframe was working in Edge when I republished the site per your suggestion two weeks ago. I made some edits to my site, republished and now the iframes are no longer working 😞