Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Manage Opencart hosting

Anybody familiar with how to host opencart on godadfd

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted

Re: Manage Opencart hosting

Hi larrybolaji007, thanks for posting!

If you are using cPanel hosting, OpenCart is available as an automated installation. See this article for steps:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/install-applications-16062

If you have any specific questions about it, feel free to ask them and perhaps one of our Community members more familiar with OpenCart will be able to help you out.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    Highlighted

Open cart works on all of Godaddy's hosting. The only real limiting factor is how many products you plan to off in your store?

If you can start on the shared cpanel, but you will probably need to upgrade to a VPS. They do have a one click migration to VPS when the store out grows the recourse in cpanel shared environment.

Highlighted

Works?

I have tried 6 installs and always get an msql error the minute I add a product. Refresh admin and the whole site goes down on admin side and full of errors every single time. I spent the better part of a day trying , re-installing fresh install etc to no avail. For something that is supposed to be automatic it sure sucks...

I have several other opencart installs on other hosting with no problems. Thought Id give godaddy a try but am tired of wasting my time. Id advise others to go with something else... jmo